Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss of Grandpa and Grandma

I lost my grandpa on 23/11/2015 when I was only 16 years old. He was my best friend and when he left us our world fell apart. My grandma couldn't handle his death and she developed depression and then passed away 10 months later on 3/9/2016. They were more than just my grandparents and although it's been so many years I still can't seem to get over their deaths. I know I'm supposed to go on with my life and stuff but I see them everywhere...in every little thing we used to share together and I now I have to do all of them alone. I just miss them so much and I still wish I could have done something to keep them here for a few more years. Rest in peace, my angels... I swear I'm gonna make you proud! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thea_s said:

I swear I'm gonna make you proud! 

Your grandparents aren't here with you physically, my dear, but clearly you are keeping them alive in your heart, in your mind and in your memory. Good for you! You sound like a wonderful person, and I think making them proud and living a good life in their honor is the most precious gift you can give to your beloved grandparents. 

In the lovely words of Hugh Robert Orr:

They are not dead who live in lives they leave behind.
In those whom they have blessed,
they live a life again,
and shall live through the years eternal life,
and shall grow each day more beautiful,
as time declares their good,
forgets the rest,
and proves their immortality.   
❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MartyT said:

Your grandparents aren't here with you physically, my dear, but clearly you are keeping them alive in your heart, in your mind and in your memory. Good for you! You sound like a wonderful person, and I think making them proud and living a good life in their honor is the most precious gift you can give to your beloved grandparents. 

In the lovely words of Hugh Robert Orr:

They are not dead who live in lives they leave behind.
In those whom they have blessed,
they live a life again,
and shall live through the years eternal life,
and shall grow each day more beautiful,
as time declares their good,
forgets the rest,
and proves their immortality.   
❤️

♥️♥️♥️

• Like 2

And it's okay to still feel for them...I lost my sweet husband all too soon (he'd just turned 51) 16 years ago, I still think about him every day and love him, even though I long ago processed my grief...I agree with Marty, that we honor them by utilizing the things we learned from them.

This says parent but applicable to grandparents as well...
Parent Loss: Continuing Their Song

• Like 2
  • Like Copy 1

3 hours ago, kayc said:

And it's okay to still feel for them...I lost my sweet husband all too soon (he'd just turned 51) 16 years ago, I still think about him every day and love him, even though I long ago processed my grief...I agree with Marty, that we honor them by utilizing the things we learned from them.

This says parent but applicable to grandparents as well...
Parent Loss: Continuing Their Song

Thank you 🙏🏻♥️

• Like 1