Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Girlfriend, my soul mate, of 1 1/2 years broke up with me after losing her father 3 months ago

One more update!

I've truly hit a point where I am indifferent about what happened. For anyone else in a similar spot, this is about 3 and 1/2 months post breakup. I just do not really care to be honest with you. Whether we talk again or not I just do not really care and I could not be happier!

I may continue to periodically post my thoughts here if I feel I need to!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Another update just because why not. This place was so helpful that I like coming back just to post what's going on. I am at a point now where I fully wish she never contacts me again. I do not hate or dislike my ex, but I do view her in a way that is entirely different than how I view anyone else in this world. What I feel like happened to me is that me and her were climbing a mountain, we got pretty high up, and she pushed me off the edge of the cliff with a straight face, turned around & never looked back. I was saved by my friends, family and this forum who had a safety net ready to catch me. And now, I am climbing back up the mountain and will not stop until I hit the top.

Since the breakup, I've lost over 20 pounds and put on a ton of muscle (I have abs for the first time in my life!), started a business that will launch soon, have polished some of the skills I was already working on (trading stocks, making videos), have expanded my eBay business, and started a job as a portfolio manager for an individual living in Florida. Every day it seems like there is a new opportunity that is offered to me and I feel right now I am in the best spot of my life ever, and I only see it improving. This is only possible because I am not tied down in a relationship. To be fair, I think the breakup was the best thing to ever happen to me.

For anyone who was going through a similar situation to me, you can do it. Focus on yourself. I promise you it's much better.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

You are a true success story!  So good to focus on yourself, improvements in self and life are always good!  I, too, learned a lot in my last breakup.  Funny how something that felt so devastating at the time can work out in the end to be what was best for us.  Curious, what is your eBay business on?  Must be hard dealing with stocks right now, you must know what you're doing!  And for your physical achievements!  

thumbs up.png

Good for you @aleck1998

I had read this thread before but I wasn't sure what to say (I'm the last one to give relationship advice!!) I'm very happy that you have found ways to look out for you and cope. It sounds like you are doing very well. I wish you the best and hope you find someone that deserves you!

• Like 1