Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Struggling

Hello, I’m Tilly, a grandmother watching her 10 yr old granddaughter suffer through osteosarcoma. I’ve denied the terminal diagnosis, hoping she’ll defy the odds. Hoping and praying for a miracle. I talk to the starry heavens every night, begging. I’m forced to watch my daughter suffer with her daughter’s suffering. I’m crushed and absolutely broken. I’m angry. Why the children …

• Like 2

@tillytopI am so sorry, no child should go through this, no mother, no grandmother, I'm very sorry.  No answers, but it pains me the outrageous unfairness of it all.  :(

• Like 2

When a grandchild is terminally ill, a grandparent experiences a double dose of anticipatory grief: you fear for and feel for not only your very sick grandchild but for your own child as well, as you bear the suffering of both. It is a double grief. I am so sorry! Please know that we are here to hurt with you and to walk with you as you find your way through this difficult and challenging time.

I offer these readings in hopes that they will give you some understanding and support:

Anticipatory Grief and Mourning

Anticipatory Grief and Mourning: Suggested Resources

❤️

• Like 3