Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I'm sorry, Elizabeth.  I don't understand why an ex would have the right to clean out his belongings.  :(  

Fortunately no one had access to Steve’s things but me.  I’m so sorry someone felt the right to make decisions that were yours to make.  It’s really unforgivable.  But it’s done in reality for the things you wanted.  I don’t know if you feel comfortable requesting them back.  I had to watch Steve’s musical instruments vanish to those he willed them too.  All little pieces of him I wouldn’t use, but felt a part of his life passion disappear.  Now I never step foot into his studio.  I don’t feel an ex has the power to outweigh a fiancée as you two had plans to begin a new step in life.  Theirs was finished.  People react strangely after death from their own grief.   Still no excuse for her to take it on herself to make decisions of his possessions.  I’m so sorry you now bear this added pain so soon after the shock.  💔

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

Now I never step foot into his studio.

I don't go into the shop.  It's in total disarray now, the mice having taken over a few years ago.  I think I'm responsible for poisoning half the mouse population, but it's amazing how much damage they can do, they move things around, eat things.  But it's too emotional.  Some things are too hard.

• Like 2