Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Not Sure If This Applies...

I just recently lost my boyfriend of nine months to suicide. I'm not sure if my situation applies to this group, but I didn't see one for loss of boyfriends and girlfriends. So i guess I'm gonna go ahead and say what I want to say. It's been a month now since I lost Nathan and I'm recovering still. The best thing for me so far has been a scrapbook I'm making. It is very good therapy. I don't know why, but it really helps the sadness go away. I am still having trouble understanding why he did it and letting myself let go of him. I found out about two days ago that he had been diagnosed with separation anxiety disorder. I had no idea about it when we were together. There's not much more to say, I'm just looking for someone that understands what I'm going through to talk to. :blush:

Raychel, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. There are actually a handful of us here on this site that have lost boyfriends. At first it may feel like you are the only one in the world who has gone through something like this. But after listening and writing on this discussion board, I have found many others (unfortunately) in our situation. I've also realized that grief is a somewhat universal feeling/process, and those who have lost others they loved have similar feelings and experiences. I am sorry you had to find us, but we are all hear to listen. The week after my Josh died before his funeral, the only thing that kept me from hysterically crying 24/7 was creating a scrapbook of Josh and mine's life together for his parents. They love it and show it to friends that come to visit them now. Well, we are hear to listen and share your stories. Kelly

Guest PattiZ54

Raychel - I am so sorry to hear about your recent loss!! You are most welcome here. Even though he wasn't your spouse, you have still lost a significant other that you loved! As Kelly said, grief is a universal process. Anyone that has lost someone that they loved or that meant a great deal to them will go through grief. We are glad you have found us - just wish it wasn't under these circumstances.

You will find lots of understanding and compassion here. We are all on the same road; some of us just a little further along than others. I lost my husband, Charlie, of 20 years in Nov. 2004 to cancer and systemic scleroderma. He was only 46 years old. It's been 20 months for me and I still cry alot. I miss having him in my life so much!!!!

Please keep coming here; we want to help you through this. Take care and we hope to hear from you soon. My thoughts are with you.

Patti

(Charlie 6/10/58-11/16/2004; I love & miss you, Dear!)