Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can I get a divorce from my stepchildren

I don't know where to begin. My question is how do you deal with inlaws asking for stuff and money?

When my spouse and I met we were almost 100 percent broke and I am struggling hard almost year later.

As far as my inlaws they either did not know me, barely knew me, or flat out hate me. This did not really bother me too much because we weren't near them and he had kids with other women and the family never liked them either. Almost all the kids were sadly estranged from us in my mind because we did not have money for them and therefore they did not want anything to do. My step kids caused me unbelievable grief. I lost a pension job because of the one and the other was constantly trying to put me or my husband in jail. Now I've got inlaws asking me about our finances, life insurance, and kids asking where's our money?

No one cares about me and how do I deal with this,

• Like 1

I would practice the word "NO" and they'll disappear on their own!  No one should be asking you about your finances, just because they ask doesn't mean you have to answer.  Tell the kids there is none.  I'll refrain from making comments about them asking. ;)

You sound rational to me, they sound entitled. ;)  Give yourself permission to stick up for yourself, I had to when my George died, not with stepchildren, but just with things that come up, now that my protector and advocate was gone, it was up to me to find my voice and use it.  I've been on my own for 17 years now.  It was never my preference but it's what I've got.

For some reason the website keeps bringing up this thread instead of the boundaries article shared so here it is:

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2019/06/in-grief-setting-clear-boundaries.html

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...