Grief Healing Discussion Groups

17 years ago, Father's Day June 19 2005

I lost the sweetest man in the world, my George.

I miss him beyond belief.  I realize grief has a beginning, but not an ending, we just learn to carry it.  I hope this day isn't too hard for all of you, missing your fathers, missing your husband... :wub:

GeorgeInCoat.jpg

• Like 7

I have my dad but we live in different cities so I'm not seeing him today. My brother is becoming a dad but he lives abroad. 

I have a picture of my boyfriend with a friend's child. That's the closest thing I have of him that resembles parenting. He left the world without being one. A friend told me at his funeral what amazing parents we would have been. He was sure he wanted to be one and so he froze his sperma before the surgery. I was hesitant as any young woman would be about having children while living abroad with no close family support. 

It is all dead. Nobody mentioned me how many other things were going to die after the death.

I'm very thankful to have my father alive and God I'm going to miss him so much the day he's gone. I don't know but Mothers day Father's day make me think of death.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Kay, my thoughts are with you today. 

Over here, we celebrate Father's Day on the 19th March (which coincides with Saint Joseph), and now my darling husband, devoted father has missed two of these special days. 

Scba, good to hear from you again. I haven't been writing much here lately either, it must be Summer blues, too many memories, missing my soulmate more than ever. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, V. R. said:

Kay, my thoughts are with you today. 

Over here, we celebrate Father's Day on the 19th March (which coincides with Saint Joseph), and now my darling husband, devoted father has missed two of these special days. 

Scba, good to hear from you again. I haven't been writing much here lately either, it must be Summer blues, too many memories, missing my soulmate more than ever. 

Thank you for your words. I went to mass as it is Corpus Christi. I sobbed during the entire ceremony because I could not understand why God robbed my boyfriend from his dream of being a father. Why so many evil people are parenting and he didn't.

I felt so much grief pain in my chest since waking up and it's been 8 years. I still wear a mask in crowded indoors and that camouflaged my eyes. In church I allow myself to make questions in spiritual despair and resignation knowing there are no answers. 

Ana

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

This is my first Father's Day without Annette's Dad, who was very kind and understanding and called me his son. 

I never knew my father. 

I don't know why I'm on Facebook, seeing all the happy father's and memories. One father posted "God is good". I don't mean to disparage any of the religious members or blaspheme, but it really is just random luck. God doesn't involve Himself in our affairs. Tell the Robb Elementary parents "God is good". God created us, Jesus forgave our sins, and that's it. The rest is random and unfair. 

• Like 2

Thank you to those who thought of me, no one called yesterday...all seems forgotten, but with me it never is or will be, he is in my heart and on my mind every single day.  These "anniversary of deaths" can be tough, esp. when it's Father's Day and Juneteenth (as they call it now) it can't ever slip away unnoticed, not that it would anyway, but everyone else seems joyous and celebratory on the day which kind of clashes with my mood, I try to think of it as Father's Day but deep down I can't help but think of that horrible weekend and them coming to tell me he was gone...

It doesn't matter how many years pass, they are still uppermost in our hearts as you well know.

• Like 4