Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost my soulmate 3 weeks ago

This rings so true, Kieron. Brought tears to my eyes. I can remember many things he said to me, but not the voice, although I have his voice on an old cassette tape and on my landline voice mail. May sound silly, but I sometimes try to remember the happier times when we first married, but it's been 50 years..........

• Like 4

OMG does this speak loud and true!  It sums up how I feel 17 years later.  What I wouldn't do for a fresh hug!  That sounds like pure heaven to me.  LEverything has become a disttant memory like a movie I once watched.  I ask myself, "Was he ever really here???"  Yes, there is his handwriting on a note he wrote.  There is his bathrobe hanging on a hook.  Yes he was here, it's my mind playing tricks.

• Like 4

I'm saving this in my grief folder...

• Like 1

Totally agree with you all.  The pain just gets deeper and deeper every day, I constantly have flashbacks in my mind of those fairytale first days when we first met. He was, actually still is, and always will be my 'knight in shining armour'. 😔

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 7:57 AM, jathas said:

I always felt so safe and protected with him and he took such good care of me, and I of him.  He was my entire world and I'm terrified of going on without him.  I have been with him for over half of my life and have NEVER been alone before.  😢

My heart and my soul are with you jathas.  It sucks what you've been through.  I joined this site yesterday, so I have not had time to read all the responses to your posts or how you are now.  I felt protected by my husband who died too, even though I never sought protection.  My life is empty without him, like yours is without your husband.  I'm so sorry you are having to go through this so young.

My love to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

My heart and my soul are with you jathas.  It sucks what you've been through.  I joined this site yesterday, so I have not had time to read all the responses to your posts or how you are now.  I felt protected by my husband who died too, even though I never sought protection.  My life is empty without him, like yours is without your husband.  I'm so sorry you are having to go through this so young.

My love to you.

Update.  Just needed to follow this thread.