Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I lost my one true love about 5 months ago , Im having a very bad day today I feel lonely even with friends and family here its not the same its not michelle . I just sit here and cry hoping she will call or come home , Im a wreck .

Lisa,

First of all I am sorry to hear of your loss, but I welcome you here to this site. I lost my wife a little over 3 months ago and I completely understand what you mean about being lonely. Even with a room full of people I still feel lonely. Coming here you will find people that have gone through what you have gone through. Here you will find that you are not alone after all. I myself am having a bad day and coming here and reading and posting have given me some peace. Please keep coming back and I hope your days will get better.

God Bless

Derek

I am sorry you feel so alone, it is something well known by us all. Here at least you will find people who understand and some place you can vent or let it all out. It's pretty pathetic when you find us all on Saturday nights lamenting on line...but it is our existence now. May we all find courage and hope and peace in our quest to continue...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lisa. My grief counselor told me that about 5 or 6 months after the loss can be the worst time, because the shock has worn off and you are really feeling it. I know that lonely feeling. It sounds odd, because I was divorced from my true love, and we hadn't seen each other in years, just talked on the phone because we lived 3000 miles apart, but when he died, I missed him terribly and felt alone for the first time because he wasn't on the planet anymore, and I couldn't pick up the phone and call him. It must be so much worse when you lose someone you saw daily -- it's bad enough for me, and it's been two years. I just can't get over it, that he's gone.

Lisa,

I lost my husband recently and I truely feel so sorry for you. I understand what you mean. I have so many wonderful people around me but not my husband Jason. No one will ever be him. I dont think I have to much good advise because I am so newly widowed I just wanted to tell you I feel sorry for you. Take care.

To all of the lonely people.

Grief is such a horrible feeling. I never knew such pain in my life before I lost my husband of 46 years.

Everyone here knows of this pain because you must experience it before you could ever tell someone what it feels like.

All of us here support each other and are here for anyone who just wants to vent, I know I have come here many times when the pain and loneliness gets too much to bear.

Please know we are here and we will listen, and we will understand.

God bless all of you in this terrible jouney.

Grace

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisa,

I am sorry for your loss and know that I have had feelings about the same. Even now after both my mom and dad have been gone one year. I feel very lonely and just do not know what to do to get out of this feeling. I feel that even with all my other family over I just can not stop thinking about being with my mom and dad and dog Chelsea.. I hope that with God's help we will both be able to feel less lonely God Bless you Shelley

i did not lose a spouse but i lost my mom 5 weeks ago. i can relate to the lonely feeling. i feel like part of me died with her and i will never be able to replace. my life was so wrapped around my mom (not that was always good) that i just don't know where i fit in . i feel like i am really not sure who i am without her. I have a husband and 2 children so you think it would make me feel better but i feel almost lost like i am walking around waiting to find out where i belong. i seem to be slower, have no energy and want to wish the days away ( i don't know why b/c now i can't sleep at all). i am even getting irritable i am not sure what this is from probably lack of sleep. I am still praying that each day will get better. thanks for listening to me.