Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Have You Ever Considered What Your Soulmate/Twin Flame is Thinking Once They Cross Over?

4 hours ago, nashreed said:

It makes me so sad to think Annette might be trying to send messages that I can't get. I often think of what she could possibly send me within my very limited little world that would be meaningful. I have seen feathers (which are supposed to be a generic catch-all "sign") on occasion, and white or gray feathers aren't common because the main birds we have around here are little brown birds. The ultimate sign would be to see a Cardinal, our bird, but that's absolutely impossible in California. I did see an Uno card in the grass here, with a cut corner, which is odd. I can't imagine the Mexican neighbors around here are into Uno much, but I really don't know. It was our game, when she wasn't able to do much physically anymore. 

I wish I could dream of her, but lately in my dreams I seem to be trying to get with much younger girls with no relation to her (in my dreams I'm younger too- invariably they're "work" dreams from when I worked in retail in the 2000's). 

I think the more we worry about the dreams, the more difficult it is to receive them.  It's possible that you have been dreaming about trying to get with younger women, because you are lonely.  I think you dreaming that is normal. 

• Like 2

All of these songs, even in repeat, are touching.  I thank everyone for contributing what touches you the most.  It helps.

• Like 4

I've had a few dreams about my husband. Once he had come back telling me that it had all been a big mistake, he hadn't really gone. Then he said how sorry he was for having caused so much heartache for me, for nothing, I then remember we hugged tightly relieved that he was really still alive. 

Another time I had one of those dreams that I call 'awake dreams'. It was morning and I had just woken up, I'm sure of this as I could see the daylight.  Then suddenly I saw him next to me on the bed, I was getting up and he was just looking at me, not saying anything. Then I went towards the door as I wanted to call my children to come and see. At that moment he appeared again outside the door, again not saying a word. Then I woke up. I also dreamed of him last night but don't remember what happened. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, nashreed said:

I wish I could dream of her, but lately in my dreams I seem to be trying to get with much younger girls with no relation to her (in my dreams I'm younger too- invariably they're "work" dreams from when I worked in retail in the 2000's). 

It's all a mystification to me, I don't dream of George, not that I can remember anyway, but then I usually don't recall them.  Here's an article (hasn't worked for me but maybe it wiill for you!) 
Dream, How To Control Your (While You're Sleeping) | HuffPost
Dreams control
control your dreams? Here's how you can -- ScienceDaily

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I think the more we worry about the dreams, the more difficult it is to receive them.

Boy, do I ever get that!

6 hours ago, V. R. said:

Once he had come back telling me that it had all been a big mistake, he hadn't really gone. Then he said how sorry he was for having caused so much heartache for me, for nothing, I then remember we hugged tightly relieved that he was really still alive. 

I have had quite the same dream. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, scba said:
6 hours ago, V. R. said:

Once he had come back telling me that it had all been a big mistake, he hadn't really gone. Then he said how sorry he was for having caused so much heartache for me, for nothing, I then remember we hugged tightly relieved that he was really still alive. 

Expand  

I wish to dream him explains some capital things to me...but never happened! When i dream of him, he's acting as in life...take care of me or make me worry! Sometimes make me laugh...and it's a relief laugh with him again...it's the thing i miss most of our life together!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, V. R. said:

I've had a few dreams about my husband. Once he had come back telling me that it had all been a big mistake, he hadn't really gone. Then he said how sorry he was for having caused so much heartache for me, for nothing, I then remember we hugged tightly relieved that he was really still alive. 

Another time I had one of those dreams that I call 'awake dreams'. It was morning and I had just woken up, I'm sure of this as I could see the daylight.  Then suddenly I saw him next to me on the bed, I was getting up and he was just looking at me, not saying anything. Then I went towards the door as I wanted to call my children to come and see. At that moment he appeared again outside the door, again not saying a word. Then I woke up. I also dreamed of him last night but don't remember what happened. 

This is powerful.  He really came to you.  It also demonstrates he is still with you.

• Like 1
  • Like Copy 1

4 hours ago, kayc said:

It's all a mystification to me, I don't dream of George, not that I can remember anyway, but then I usually don't recall them.  Here's an article (hasn't worked for me but maybe it wiill for you!) 
Dream, How To Control Your (While You're Sleeping) | HuffPost
Dreams control
control your dreams? Here's how you can -- ScienceDaily

Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scba said:

He is still with you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roxi said:

I wish to dream him explains some capital things to me...but never happened! When i dream of him, he's acting as in life...take care of me or make me worry! Sometimes make me laugh...and it's a relief laugh with him again...it's the thing i miss most of our life together!

That is special.  I long to have dreams like that.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MartyT said:

Some useful resources included in this article: Coping with Dreams in Grief

Thank you.

• Like 2

In a way, the context of this post is the ONLY thing that drives me to live. So thanks for starting a great thread!

I have gone from believing I will be reunited with my wife, to knowing I will be.  I’ll save the gory details, but I have had a few experiences that go far beyond proving this to me. Yes, I could be crazy and lost touch with reality during these times—I get that. However, why would I be so lucid in all other aspects of life with the exception of this one domain? 

To that end, I believe (I don’t know) that I have to make myself worthy of being with her. Said differently I’m not taking any chances l, so have effectively given myself up to truly being right with God and being proactive in following His Word.  I’ll say that, IMO, religion is a personal/private matter for each person, thus the last thing I would do is push my beliefs on anyone. 

As to what she is experiencing that is a great mystery to me. I feel there might be times where she can “watch me”. Knowing her, if she had this ability she would be watching me like a hawk, so deep down I pretty much feel she is aware of every move I make, and thus it drives me to continue and make her proud of me.  

I do talk to her outloud and let her know that I am unsure if she can “read my mind” or how it works. However, just in case she can only hear and see things, then I let her know I am constantly thinking of her and not to be upset if I don’t talk about lout to her that often.  I tell her outloud each night how much I love and miss her, and each time I light a candle for her, I pray to God that he gives her the power to be aware of/attracted to the flame that symbolizes the love her loved ones have for her, and pray that her spirit can be close to the flame in her house knowing we are thinking of her. 

Finally, I let her know I can sense her spirit. I don’t want her to get frustrated thinking that I don’t, so I explain she doesn’t have to do anything more than she is to connect with me (unless she chooses to) but that I feel her spirit with me and am always aware and looking for any “signs” she (or perhaps God) might give me.  

So yeah, based on an   epiphany I had, my life revolves around preparing to be with her again.  i absolutely love it because it gives me a true purpose.  Soon once I have saved a little more and have my passport, I am leaving the country and devoting 100% of my time to this. 

• Like 5

Sad_Widower, I'm so glad the thread has helped.  What you have written here is confirmation of the beauty of the love the two of you share.  As you prepare to fulfill your love and do the things you long to do to be ready when the time is right to be with her, know that she is loving you just as much.  Bless you.

What's been coming to me lately are three words: Transcend, Transform and Ascend.  This is my path to be with my dear husband.  What came to me today is the realization of why I am still here.  I thought if my husband passed before I did, I would continue pursuing my writing and painting careers.  They were so important to me.  Once he passed they they meant nothing to me.  Nothing.  His love is most important to me.  I then realized that love is the most important thing in the universe.  In fact today I realized that love is the cosmological constant.  Einstein just didn't know it.  For those who are unfamiliar with this term, the cosmological constant is an enigmatic form of matter or energy that supposedly acts in opposition to gravity and is considered by many physicists to be equivalent to dark energy.  Dark just means we don't know what it is.  It came to me today that love is the energy that hold the cosmos together.  During this period of my life I am becoming love.  So is my husband. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Sad_Widower, I'm so glad the thread has helped.  What you have written here is confirmation of the beauty of the love the two of you share

You absolutely nailed it here. My personal belief is the only way for this to be possible is via the power of love. In other words I feel love is the most powerful energy on Earth (I feel it is responsible for life itself), and we as “humans” truly only understand a small percentage of its capabilities   To that end, it’s just my belief, whereas I know there is an afterlife of some sort (or the ability for a soul to communicate with another soul—within a living body or not   When I talk to my kids about this, I tell them before they label me crazy, isn’t this what Christianity teaches us, so you either believe or you don’t   

So no, my personal belief is not everyone who passes goes to some afterlife sphere and is reunited with those in their path….I instead feel it has to be earned   Part of that includes believing it is possible (Ie faith) and is limited to souls you were connected with in life and shared the same faith as your soul. 
I actually talked to a “grieving counselor” about my experience and explained to her that perhaps while we are living we plant seeds in each other’s souls that only come to fruition once one soul is missing  I forget exactly how I described it but I remember she was wide-eyed and really thinking about it  

I love your line of thinking Chocolate. I have not read much of your story but will do a search to understand what your experience has been as I feel we have a lot in common  🙂  Being able to communicate with people such as yourself and others on this forum (who all share the same type of loss) is a beautiful thing and has helped me tremendously   (For the first 18 months after my wife’s passing I literally dropped out of life due to not having anyone to communicate with.)  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sad_Widower said:

I love your line of thinking Chocolate. I have not read much of your story but will do a search to understand what your experience has been as I feel we have a lot in common  🙂  Being able to communicate with people such as yourself and others on this forum (who all share the same type of loss) is a beautiful thing and has helped me tremendously   (For the first 18 months after my wife’s passing I literally dropped out of life due to not having anyone to communicate with.)  

Yes it is nice to be able to have someone to communicate with, someone who does not think a person is crazy or.....   It does seem like we have a bunch in common.  So many times in the last 8 months since my husband died such a painful death, I have felt completely lost, and by lost, I don't mean the way religious people think of "lost".  Hang in there my friend, you will find the way to prepare yourself to be with her, the way that is right for the two of you.  The higher part of who you are is helping you discover what you already know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sad_Widower said:

the last thing I would do is push my beliefs on anyone.

Of course, understood, I feel the same!  Yet it seems grief can be the catalyst for weakening or strengthening our faith...for me that is what it's about, our core beliefs/faith, knowing God, not organized religion, even though I have a "church family."  It seems it hits us one way or the other!

8 hours ago, Sad_Widower said:

I instead feel it has to be earned

We like and seek control sometimes...

I believe but do not feel it's earned but just received.  Interesting difference.  ;)  I am so glad you are finding this thread helpful!  I find it interesting the different perspectives we all have on this subject!

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The higher part of who you are is helping you discover what you already know.

I love this!

As time goes by and we experience things our beliefs adapt.

• Like 1

Every morning when I talk to Annette, I seem to apologize to her when my mind wanders and I stop talking. It's hard to maintain a monologue when you're the only one talking. I try to express what my thoughts are so that she knows what my intent is or why I do what I do during the day (which is usually not much). I hope she can't read my mind- I don't see how that would be possible. If we were both spirits than yes, that would be how it works, but I think I have to talk out loud to her. I just have to have that connection, however tenuous. 

I don't know that I could ever be on the level of "saint" that Annette was. I don't really try. I don't hurt anyone, I mean all I have are two family members. I just don't have it in me to volunteer or be a missionary or whatever. I'm selfish and lazy- I know this. I can't handle the pressure of thinking I need to "earn" my way to be with her. Aren't I suffering enough now? I can only be who I am. The more I'm with my family, the more inward and selfish and self-centered I become. I hope Annette understands. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nashreed said:

Every morning when I talk to Annette, I seem to apologize to her when my mind wanders and I stop talking. It's hard to maintain a monologue when you're the only one talking. I try to express what my thoughts are so that she knows what my intent is or why I do what I do during the day (which is usually not much). I hope she can't read my mind- I don't see how that would be possible. If we were both spirits than yes, that would be how it works, but I think I have to talk out loud to her. I just have to have that connection, however tenuous. 

I don't know that I could ever be on the level of "saint" that Annette was. I don't really try. I don't hurt anyone, I mean all I have are two family members. I just don't have it in me to volunteer or be a missionary or whatever. I'm selfish and lazy- I know this. I can't handle the pressure of thinking I need to "earn" my way to be with her. Aren't I suffering enough now? I can only be who I am. The more I'm with my family, the more inward and selfish and self-centered I become. I hope Annette understands. 

You don't have to earn your way to be with her.  That's not my understanding.  Real love is unconditional.  What if while you are talking out loud to her, you write what you are saying down?  When the next thoughts come, they could be from her.  Assign them to her. Write those down too.  Then you respond aloud and on paper or on the computer and save the file.  Over time you will be able to see which ones are from her and which ones are from you.  Don't judge it.  You need to stop judging yourself as inadequate.  You aren't.  She loves you just the way her are, so does the universe or whatever you call the higher ways.  Some call that God.  Have you ever thought of getting a dog or a cat?  They can provide a tremendous amount of support.  You don't have to get a baby animal.  You can get a rescue animal that needs a home. My old cat keeps me sane.  Love, the real unconditional kind, is the answer no matter what the question. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

She loves you just the way her are, so does the universe or whatever you call the higher ways. 

Oops.  "just the way her are" should be, just the way you are.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

You don't have to earn your way to be with her.  That's not my understanding.  Real love is unconditional.  What if while you are talking out loud to her, you write what you are saying down?  When the next thoughts come, they could be from her.  Assign them to her. Write those down too.  Then you respond aloud and on paper or on the computer and save the file.  Over time you will be able to see which ones are from her and which ones are from you.  Don't judge it.  You need to stop judging yourself as inadequate.  You aren't.  She loves you just the way her are, so does the universe or whatever you call the higher ways.  Some call that God.  Have you ever thought of getting a dog or a cat?  They can provide a tremendous amount of support.  You don't have to get a baby animal.  You can get a rescue animal that needs a home. My old cat keeps me sane.  Love, the real unconditional kind, is the answer no matter what the question. 

Thanks. My Mom is "no pets", no way. It's a lonely life. It took so long to get to where my relationship with Annette was- completely understanding each other, having the same pop culture references, being so in love and being best friends. There's no way to even get anywhere close to that, so it makes me not even want to attempt to meet anyone. Again, the only people that are easily accessible around here are homeless and mentally unstable. Do they have "find a friend" apps or is that all just for "romance"? It's just easier to be alone isn't it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nashreed said:

Thanks. My Mom is "no pets", no way. It's a lonely life. It took so long to get to where my relationship with Annette was- completely understanding each other, having the same pop culture references, being so in love and being best friends. There's no way to even get anywhere close to that, so it makes me not even want to attempt to meet anyone. Again, the only people that are easily accessible around here are homeless and mentally unstable. Do they have "find a friend" apps or is that all just for "romance"? It's just easier to be alone isn't it. 

Your mom is missing out on a lot.  In general both my husband and I believed it was better to be alone than with just anyone.  I don't know about apps.  I'm the wrong generation for that.  I'd like to find some women to be friends with, but around here everyone is very conservative, and I'm not.  I'm glad you and Annette were/are best friends. Very few people have that in their intimate relationships. My husband was my best friend too. We had each other's backs.

• Like 2