Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of Confidence

I have a second interview with the first place tomorrow morning, 10:30 am PST.

I've sent out about 50 resumes with individually personalized cover letters, about half of them in this past week, so something should pan out soon!

Dear KayC

First, thank you for responding to my post. I, too, have been on a couple of job interviews since Paul died, I'm trying to get a position as a school librarian. Right now I am a special ed assistant...thank God for the benefits or we'd be broke right now. He was still alive when i started interviewing and even thought he knew how sick he was, he championed me along. I've had 2 since he died and it is very hard to keep the stiff upper lip, especially when there's no one to come home to and hash it all out. But YOU ARE A SURVIVOR! And you do crawl out of the covers and face the world. For 8 months every time the 10th of the month rolls around I'm a mess (tomorrow). Last month a friend of mine brought it to my attention that I had made a great achievement getting through the first 7. Her comment made me reflect back to how it felt 5 months ago, and indeed i have made progress. Not huge, but progress nonetheless. Positive thoughts, my friend, can be very powerful. I hope you get the position you are trying for.

KarenH

Hi Karen H,

I just wanted to write to you and tell you that I am pulling for you and hope when you do go on interviews that you get the job you want. I am praying to God in hopes that He gives you the strength to carry on with what ever your grief journey takes you through. Take care and God Bless You Shelley

Hi, thank you for all of your encouragement, God knows I could use it. And KarenH, I am praying you will get the job as school librarian, that would be a great job!

I went on my second interview with the first place today and I am NOT thrilled about the job but will probably take it if they'll meet my salary requirements. However, it was good for me to go to the interview, I think I did really well and wasn't thrown for a curve with her questions, although I couldn't have anticipated some of them...like, she asked me what REALLY ticks me off! It was nearly an hour and I did really well and came across positive so even if nothing else, it was practice for the next one.

You guys are great, we really need each other! Thank you for your prayers.

Hi KayC,

If you take the job I hope that it will bring some happiness back to your life. I hope that all is going well with you and the new little one that you are having take care and I will keep praying for you and the new little one you are having. God bless you both Shelley

Thanks...but I'm not have a new little one...I'm 53 and my husband's been dead over a year so I'd be shocked if I was pregnant! :P Thanks anyway! I'll hear about the job by the end of the week they said.