Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Lovely Link For Loss Of A Beloved Animal

Maylissa

I would like to leave this link for those whose relationship with their animal(s) has surpassed any they have experienced even with their human loved ones. This is from Sharon Callahan on her Anaflora website, where there are also many other wonderful articles and stories, plus her line of healing flower essences and animal communication work. It is people like her who have helped validate for me the true depths of my relationship with my own furred and feathered soulmates as being real and not just imagined fancy. I have great respect and admiration for her and her life's work and have also found her flower essences to be very helpful in trying times, both for my beloved furbaby and for myself.

When A Beloved Friend Dies

I hope this will be of help to those who have experienced these same depths of communion with their own furbabies. :wub:

Edited by Maylissa

Thank you Maylissa,

It was a wonderful link, and yes I treat my dog like my little girl. I did not have any children of my own do to health problems so I do treat Chelsea like my baby. Chelsea is a yellow lab and she is six years old now. I have had Chelsea since she was five weeks old and she could not even walk properly. I spent lots and lots of time with her and now she is quite the little lady Ha Ha. I miss her though because after mom and dad died I had to move in with a sister and could not bring her. She is presently being cared by my brother but not seeing her everyday just kills me so much. Take care Maylissa and thank you so very much for the link Shelley

A very neat link maylissa, it is so very true that a lot of people just don't understand the deapths of love that an animal lover has for their pets. My 2 dogs are part of the family and they know when something is wrong, I will give you an example:

I have let Sandy my golden retriever sleep on my bed with me at times when Karen wasn't going to be home at night. Shortly after Karen died and I was staying at home again, I let Sandy in when I was ready to go to sleep. I tried everything I could to get her up in the bed with me, but she just wouldn't do it. Before when I let her in she would imeadately go to the bed and sit on it until I got into the room. I tried for a couple of nights to get her in the bed, but she wouldn't do it so I finally gave up and let her sleep on the floor.

Well after about 2 weeks, one night as I was falling asleep, I finally came to the realization that Karen would no longer be sharing my bed with me and that she truly was gone. The very next night when I lay down Sandy jumped up on my bed and has been there every night since.

Pets have a sense about them that no one else has they know when things are wrong. My Maltez sleeps in his house in the kitchen and when I let him out in the morning he stills goes to the bedroom looking for Karen, he was her dog.

I wish all of you are the best in your situations, luckly for me my 2 dogs are young, I don't think I could handle losing either one of them anytime soon. I heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you.