Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Baby Girl

I lost my 4 year old daughter only a week ago. at birth she suffured a massive stroke and it resulted in cerebral palsy,epilepsy,lung complications,etc.She passed away due to the flu and lung problems.I had her when I was only 15 years old and because of her medical problems I spent every day for almost 5 years taking care of her.She spent alot of time in the childrens hospitals,But I was always right there with her.I miss her so much and it hurts so bad to know that this time she isn't coming home with me.It just does't seem real to me that horrible things like this can happen to such beautiful children.Taking care of her and my 3 year old daughter is all I have ever known,and now it feels a huge piece of my heart is gone.I am so confused about how I feel,and honestly I don't know what to do now that a big part of my life is missing.I would give anything to have her here with my agian,but it seems so selfish because during her life she had to suffer so much.I'm am just hoping that by joining this group I will get to chance to talk with peolpe who know how I feel and what I am going through.

Hi Faith,

I wanted to just take a moment to let you know you are not alone "out there". Although I have not lost a child, I do know know what loss is like and how alone you can be, even in a crowded room. I am so very sorry to hear of your daughters death, and I can empathize with your feeling of loss of your job taking care of her now. Many, many people who had the job of caretakers have a grief associated with that loss also. I am Lynda (bobsgal) and lost my husband suddenly to a heart attack 8½ years ago last August. We were never blessed with children of our own, and that loss in itself was easier to bear with Bob here to help shoulder it. Consider contacting Compassionate Friends.org for help and assistance with moving thru this grief, it is my understanding that they are a wonderful source of support and comfort.

Take one moment at a time, and when you can, tell us more about your precious daughter and the joys of loving and raising her. I am sending you many warm hugs to wrap yourself in this morning for when the pain gets too big to bear.

Love and Blessings,

Lynda (bobsgal)

my other half

(((((((((((faith)))))))))))

I'm so sorry. The loss of your child is so recent, I can just imagine how you are feeling. It's so hard in the beginning, the loss of a loved one, whom you shared your life with, was part of your life.

You say, you don't know what to do now that a big part of your life is missing. I know how you feel. I wrote how I feel, about life and death, in the Grief and Loss forum. That life feels like death to me, when death takes away the life of loved ones. It feels like I also died. Fortunately, it won't always feel that way. Life will be ok again, not the same or perfect, but ok.

From my own experience with loss, Love Support, Time and lots of Talking about the loved one/s you lost, help in the healing.

Words from my heart.

Shevonne

• 4 months later...

Dear Faith,

please excuse me, I missed saying your beautiful baby still remains in your life with you, in your heart and in your memories.

I hope you are doing better, you and your 3 year old daughter. By talking and sharing about your child, you honour her life.

Shevonne