Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing Hugs

STARKISS

Hi All,

As the two death anniversaries come closer, My uncle and my mom I have been really thinking of them lately and miss each of their hugs... My uncle was very special to me and I could always count on him to tell me the truth... When I could not talk with mom or dad I talked with him... I am really missing their hugs and also them too... Sadly Shelley

Shelly

Just want you to know that even though I don't really know you that I love you and hate what you are having to go through. I know that in some way it has made you a stronger person even though it may not be apparent right now.((((((hugs))))))))))))

Hi Mary Linda,

Thanks so much for the hugs, I know I am different and my mom would be proud of me but these anniversary days are the worst, especially when they come four days apart... Uncle Ted April 21, and Mom April 25th.... Thanks for caring and if you ever need a hug I will be there for you Shelley

Dear Shelley,

your succession of hugs posts makes me feel sad, for us, for you, for missing hugs. I am happy that your nephews are helping you to miss hugs less, although I think like you said, you will always miss your parents and your uncle and their hugs.

here is a hug from me to you ((((Shelley))))!

I miss my dad's hugs, too. We didn't hug a lot, I'm more huggy with my mom, but we did hug. He had very strong wiry arms, and I remember his hands, too. When he did carpentry work at one point in time, his hands would be rough and oily. And I remember him putting his arm around my shoulders. I miss all that.

It is so nice and rejuvenating to have all of you here, and to see all these wonderful posts about hugs.

take care,

Chai

Hi Chai,

Thank you for all you have done for me over the last little while, I have been really down lately but it is certainly nice to know when you come here people actually do really care and understand... Take care Shelley

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Eventhough this I was dreading the start of this weekend but tonight was pretty good, My brother invited me to his step son's wedding reception and this is where it all happened... I got so many hugs today it was the best of times...Shelley