Grief Healing Discussion Groups

True Feelings

STARKISS

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

It is so hard to deal with all the emotions I am feeling right now... My parents have been gone almost two years now and I still find that I really miss them and that I am feeling really guilty again right now... I just seemed to be doing all so well and than yesterday I just got that guilty feeling again about mom dying.... I knew she was not allowed chocolate but I gave her it anyway and next thing I knew is that she was dead of a diabetic coma... I knew something was wrong and I just watched it happen... I sorry I am just really upset right now and have to go... Take care Shelley

Shelley

I am sorry you feel so much guilt. In Grandmothers last week we gave her many of the things she had not been allowed to have over the past decade. She said, and I quote "I am dying, why shouldn't I taste the things I love so much one more time". Dove dark chocolate ice cream bites being one of them. It brought her pleasure in her last few weeks being here and there is no regret when I think of her smiling when she ate.

I hope someday you can think of bringing her a bit of pleasure in her last days.

Janine

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Janine,

When you put that way I guess I was doing something right for her anyway.. I guess if I were to die and I could not have certain things I would want someone to do it for me... Thanks for caring enough to help me... Take care Shelley