Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom Has Been Gone A Week...

Annie,

I'm sorry you were having such a bad day. The second month after my Mom died is when it really hit home for me. Then it was hell until the 6th month. It's not great now. Then again, I don't think it will ever be again. At this point every where I go, I see her. Fresh warm bread at the grocery stores brings tears to my eyes. I'm glad you had a good cry and was able to get some of it out. Crying is a part of the healing process. It's such a difficult journey we are on. Together we'll all make it...

Missing my Mom,

Trudy

Annie,

I remember I lost it, too, at the two month mark. I cried many times before that, but one day, I just lost it. I went up to my room and cried and cried like I had never cried before. I even held my moms picture close to me and slept with it. After that day, I fell deeper into my grief and didn't want to go on. I had all the symptoms: achy,low energy, tired. Saw my doctor and got some much needed help. And than I found this website and all of you. What a blessing. This website is (for me) better than any therapist that I have gone to.

Trudy is right...together we'll all make it!

Hugs to you...Lori

• 2 weeks later...

Annie: sorry to hear about your rough day.

I had a horrible day a few days ago. My sister-in-law called to tell me that she was in the hospital room w/ my brother...and that the doctors were most likely going to remove his gallbladder. I hung up the phone and started crying. The emotional side won over the logical side of me that knows that this is a routine procedure. I felt so scared at the thought of potentially losing another member of my family.

The next day my brother had surgery and hubby and I visited him in the hospital after he got back from recovery. It was tough seeing him laying in that bed. I had tears in my eyes as I touched his hand. He smiled at me and told he was having a hard time with it too. He said that mom would have called countless times by now. Its that thought that someone who knew you so well is gone. My mom knew me better than anyone.

jonquil...so sorry about your rough day. My mom knew me better than anyone, too. She also loved me more that anyone does in the sense that a loving, caring mom cares for her child.

I hope your brother is ok...my husband is going through kidney stones. If it isn't one thing, it's another!

Lori