Grief Healing Discussion Groups

As We Near The End Of 2006 All I Can Say Is...

jc1030

...good riddance.

Anything that was good, fun, and generally enjoyable about 2006 will forever be overshadowed by my dad's stroke and death, and those four awful days at the end of October. I can only hope that 2007 will be better. Of course, I will have to deal with the hurdle that is Father's Day, and then the one-year anniversary of his passing.

I hope my dad is up there enjoying the company of family and friends who passed away before him, and maybe once in a while look down upon the earth to watch out for me and my mom. I have to be strong for my mom. Being the only child I can't afford to have anything bad happen to me. That doesn't mean I change all my routines, but I'll make sure to be a bit more careful.

Anyway, be safe everyone. Hope 2007 is better for all of us.

Jeff

Dear JCl030,

As you say good ridance to this year, I said the same thing last year after my mom and dad both died that year... I left my childhood home after twenty eight years, I left my job after eleven years due to relocating.... I change from a small town to a much larger one and not knowing anyone in my new location.... So I can say atleast I feel for you... I too wish you happiness and peace for the new year coming.... And for everyone else in our little family.... Take care Shelley

It's only been a few days into 2007, but people were right when they said it's going to be a rollercoaster ride.

As much as I'm glad it's the new year, I've actually been experiencing more episodes of sadness. I can only guess that it's because I'm coming to the realization that this will be the first full year without my dad, at least in the physical world of this earth.

Hopefully, things will get better, but I'll let my grieving run its course.

"One day at a time". Now where have I heard that? :lol:

Yep. 2006 sucked, but much less so than 2005. 2007 will be better.

Hi, Jeff...I certainly understand how you feel. On New Year's Day, I felt such a huge sense of relief that 2006 was finally over. Since the holidays, I've been feeling pretty tired and wiped out, things I've now come to know as normal reactions. However, I'm looking forward with hope to 2007 and as Shell wisely says, "one day at a time." That's all we can do.

Hugs,

Leann

Hi Leann,

I've been feeling kind of wiped out the past few days. In another post I mentioned my mom is now living by herself after an aunt left after staying for two and half months. I guess I've tired myself feeling anxious about it as this is unknown territory. I'm sure my mom and I will do fine after we adjust to this additional change.

I still have a hard time concentrating at work. It shows when I'm unfortunately made to attend a meeting like today, and the boss then asks me for my input. Yikes.

Jeff