Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of Mom

I have never done this before but I really need to hear from others that are going through the same thing. My mother passed away March 30, 2004, she was only a young 52 year old and I am 25. This was a sudden death for our family as she was fine Monday night and when she went to bed she never woke up. I am trying to be positive about all of this, as I know she is in a much better place than I am but I found myself getting angry for the first time last night. My mom was more than just my mom she was my best friend and we knew everything about each other. We lived apart but we talked on the phone every night for hours and now I feel like I have no one to talk to about all this for she was the backbone of the family and my support line. If anyone out there can help me deal with this it would be great for I have so many emotions going throuh me right now I am not sure I can hold the emotions together.

I just want you to know that there are other people going through this. I lost my mom in 99 when I was 22. I have no siblings and my dad is not a part of my life either. I feel so unbelievably lonely at times, my mom was truly all that I had in life. Like you, my mom passed suddenly and I had no time to prepare for this huge loss. I can't say that it gets easier, it just gets different. You become stronger.

I'm very sorry that you lost your mom, my mom passed away on 2 Feb 2004. I can only tell you this is what I've been going through: my friends were very supportive but I feel like they think I need to move on, I have a profound sense of being lost, like I don't know where my life is going. I've been lucky that my grandmother has kind of taken over being a motherly figure, but it doesn't replace her. There are times where I just start crying when I hear a song that reminds me of her, or something pops into my head that makes me think of her. I feel depressed and there are days that I don't want to get out of bed. You need to talk to someone about the way you're feeling or you're just going to suppress all of your anger, fear, frustration, sadness. Is there someone you can talk to a friend, a relative, a Chaplain, even coming to this board and talking about things can be helpful. Be extra gentle with yourself, you will need this to help you heal. I know this sounds weird but when I miss my mom I listen to a song that we played at her funeral. It makes me sad but at the same time I'm comforted. I hope this helps you in some way.

Hi,

This is my first time at the site. I also lost my mother on March 30, 2004. She went to take a nap and never woke up. She was found with a smile on her face so I'm sure she was happy to go with Jesus when He came for her. I'm really happy for her as she had not been well for a couple years. However, I never realized this was going to be so hard. She always called me "the good daughter" (I have a wayward sister) so I was given the task of making sure everything was in order for her. We had to fly her to another state (FL to VA) for her service and to lay her to rest. I have been extremely busy taking care of things but now that I'm slowing down, I am having trouble. I can't seem to make decisions, my eyes keep leaking and I just want to go curl up somewhere.

I came to this site hoping to share my thoughts and feelings and to make sure that what I'm feeling is normal. Maybe we can share with one another and that way neither of us will feel so alone or broken.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I know how it feels.