Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I'm Still Hurting

It's been two months since my father passed (liver cancer). The pain and the emptyness is killing me on the inside. I thought I could handle it. I miss taking him to his chemo treatments and help pulling him up from the bed or help walking him to the bathroom. What I really miss the most is, kissing him on his forehead. I know he passed away, but I don't feel that he passed. I feel like he abandoned me (up and left) but he will be coming back. Maybe his death hasn't hit me yet. My mother and I are not close, so she has no ideal how I feel or what I'm going through. My father and I were close. He called us twins but he was the better looking one. I talk to my husband and my close friends (it helps alittle). I'm just trying to be strong. Being on this website helps me alot. I thank God for this website.

I can sympathize with your pain, I lost my Father 9 years ago and it still hurts, but I think the most important thing to remember is that love never dies, it goes on forever...... knowing that my Dad and I had a remarkable love for eachother and that I can still feel his love 9 years later, really gets me through.

Keep his memory alive, telling stories about him, even if it is a silly story may help... it helps me anyway.

hi, i lost my dad 6 months ago, also to liver cancer. i have so many days where i think im never going to cope.. i feel so alone in life sometimes. sad.gif until recently i tried coming on sites like this, and finding other people in situations like mine.. so far nobody has replied to my posts though, but its a comfort to read that other people are in situations similar to mine.