Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What Are Considered Losses?

STARKISS

Hi All,

I am still grieving over the loss of both my parents, But I am wondering if losses can include things like losing your address, not seeing a family pet anymore, changing jobs because of death in family and friends due to death in family... I have lost all of these as well and I was wondering if you can grieve over items and not just human beings and animals... Can someone help if you can thanks Shelley

Hi Marty T,

Thank you so very much I really think that it will help me with some of what I am feeling right now... I did print a copy for myself so that I can read it over and over if I need too... I hope that was okay.... Take care Shelley

Shelley

I consider them all loses. in alot of the grief books they list many of these things. i know that i am grieving also the loss of my siblings. my therapist says i am really grieving for what i want them to be . i want to make peace bc i promised my mom before she passed , i am not sure if it will happen. i am praying real hard for this. my boys also suffered this loss. lori