Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing Chelsea

STARKISS

Hi All,

I know this area is for the loss of a pet but since I gave away Chelsea I feel like I loss her... So I hope it is okay to write this in this area... I miss her so very much, and my birthday is coming up in February and my wish would be if I could spend it with her... I think of her everyday and my sister in law says she is doing well except she has put on some weight and now has to diet.... I am a little scared to ask if I can see her but I think I am going to try to see her atleast for my birthday... What do you think should I try and see her or stay away???? Take care Shelley

Hi All,

I just wanted you all to mention that I have decided to see Chelsea not this coming weekend which is my birthday weekend but the following weekend instead. I am doing this because the family here want to help me celebrate... And I do not have the heart to say No... Take care Shelley

Hi,

I'm glad that you have decided to go see Chelsea/ I think it'll do both of you a lot of good! BTW-this forum is called "pet loss," which encompasses a wide range of "loss." So I don't see any need for you to apologize, and I know I appreicate all your imput and sympathies that you've given us in the past.

Dear Avsqr_dancer,

Thank you so very much for all the kindness you have shown me also... It is so very nice to know that there are people out there who really do care and understand what we are all going through... Take care and thanks again Shelley

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am just wondering if I have the right to miss Chelsea after all I gave her away... I do want to go and visit her but I feel like I should not go because I do not want her to think that she is still mine.... Please Help.......

Hi Starkiss,

I can't really give you any advice on your situation and I hope that you can get to a comfortable place with this for yourself. Mainly I just wanted to let you know that I am their with you as far as making a choice that you regret or wonder if it was the right one regarding a pet. I made a choice 19 yrs ago regarding a pet that to this day I still scratch my head and ask "what was I thinking". A day doesn't go by that I don't think about it. That choice will haunt me until the day I die.

Just do the best you can.

Take care, Steve

Hi All,

I have decided to go and visit Chelsea eventhough I fill I have no right to her anymore... I will visit her at Easter so that I have four days with her... I will be alone if I stay home so at least I will be able to see her... I know that I keep changing my mine but I love her so much it kills me not to see her.... I am only trying to do my best for her and me.... Take care Shelley

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I just wanted everyone to know that Easter was much better because I did decide to go and visit Chelsea... Even though Chelsea is not really mine anymore I went and saw her and she slept with me for three days that I was there.... It was great... She does have a lump on her right leg that I am worried about though... Now I am back at home and missing her though but was asked in July to babysit her again for two weeks... Take care Shelley

Wonderful, Shelley! I'm so glad you let us know! Isn't it wonderful how our beloved animal companions just live in the present moment? They don't care how long it's been since they've seen us, they don't hold any grudges against us, they still remember us and love us dearly when we visit them, and they're just plain happy to see us again!

When my dear father's beloved Saint Bernard, Banjo, died, he was so heartbroken and lonely that I feared for his health. He lived alone at the time, and since I knew how very much he loved my beautiful Bouvier, I offered to let my cherished Daisy dog go live with him for a while. (He lived in another town about an hour's drive from my own home.) Of course, when I saw how much this arrangement helped my dad, I didn't have the heart to take my Daisy back, no matter how much I missed her. I figured my dad needed her a whole lot more than I did. I've never regretted having done that for my dad, but oh my, oh my, I cannot begin to tell you how hard it was for me at the time!

I'll bet you can hardly wait till July! :wub:

Hi Marty T,

Thank you for your reply, Yes, I can hardly wait till July but know this that I have already packed my bags and are saving to get Chelsea and the other dogs a special treat from me.... I am just going to have a stress free week and sit around the pool with the dogs and me.... Take care Shelley

Hi All,

As some of you know I went to see Chelsea over the Easter Holiday, and I noticed a lump on her right back leg I asked Barry who is my brother and he said he would take her to the vet and see what was wrong... I phoned him and he has not taken her to the vet yet.. I am so very worried about her and because she does not live with me anymore I do not make any decisions of how she is looked after but I worry that it is something bad and he is not telling me the truth about it... What can I do though because he is in charge of her and not me... Shelley :(

Perhaps you could offer to take her to the vet, but offering in a way that shows that you just want to help out because he may be busy with other things? Please try not to think the worst. Unfortunately, I understand because I am the same way. But there could be so many explanations for the "lump" you felt. Also if you do think you brother IS hiding something, maybe just confront him on that issue. Good luck.

Dear Avsqr_dancer,

Thank you for your reply, I think I am going to give him another week and since I do not drive I will offer to go with him if he needs him with her... I am trying hard not to think of the worst but it is hard since everything that has happen lately... Take care and Thank you for your kindness Shelley

Hi All,

This is a really hard day for me, Not because anything is really happening but I just feel so very low today... I really miss Chelsea, I had my first big fight with my sister and her husband it was over something so silly as dinner... I did not have dinner ready last night and my brother-in-law was very upset.... He started throwing comments out like what did you do all day and I hope you did not watch tv all day... I ran down stairs and slammed my door and laid on my bed and cried... When my sister came down she asked me if I wanted any bacon and eggs and I said no... After awhile I heard my brother-in-law call me for dinner and I thought okay she cooked them anyway... When I came upstairs her comment was you said you did not want any so I did not make any... So I said that's right and went to get a cup of water... My brother-in-law said I could have his and than when I said No he looked at me and said she came up when I called her she obviously wants some and I said no I do not... And I went and started to put some dishes in the dish washer and he said just leave them you did not eat so I just went back downstairs and started my cry all over again... I know it does not seem like much but he just doesn't understand and he has been commenting about things way to much... I am sorry if I got off topic but I just needed to get this out... This is why I really miss Chelsea she loves me for who I am and not for what I can do for her... Take care Shelley

Hi All,

I do not know if I told any of you but my sister has the same type of dog as I had, and just seeing this other dog really makes me hurt for Chelsea so much more... I even find myself some days looking out the window daydreaming of the times I had with her but this just makes it worst... I can not own another animal until I get out but I just can not find another job that pays enough to find a place of my own... And besides after two years there is no chance in the world that I would take Chelsea back... And to get another dog would be not the right thing to do either... Take care and thanks for listening Shelley

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I know everyone is probably tired of hearing how much I miss Chelsea and that Chelsea is not even dead but I miss her so very much and everyone around me does not even care... I saw her two weeks ago but I had the flu when I saw her and felt so horrible I did not pay much attention to her... I miss her licking my face and her gentle push toward me when she wanted a pat... I think it is so bad that my family is treating me this way... They will not drive me to see her because they think I am just lazy and will not learn how to drive myself... No one understands that I want to drive but I am so scared to learn because I am afraid that I will kill myself in the car or someone that I care alot about or even a complete stranger... I get sick just thinking about it when my brother in law brings it up... I just do not know whats wrong with me, who could be afraid of learning to drive.... Take care and thanks for listening... I am so heart broken I just did not know what to do????? Shelley

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I have just finished watching Marley and me and boy did I ever cry, A lot of the movie brought back so many memories of Chelsea and I together... Especially when Marley got herself in trouble for messing of the house Chelsea used to do that as well but not so bad as Marley... When Marley died at the end I cried so very much and thought of the day that I hope receive a call the day Chelsea dies... Not that I wish she dies but knowing my brother I may not get that call... At the death scene I could see the body of the dog being Chelsea and me being the one who was burying her... Sadly Shelley

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I heard from my brother yesterday and he told me Chelsea was doing well but slowing downl, I felt a little worried when I heard it but figure we are all slowing down because of age... I just wish he would not demand the driver's license for me than I may be able to visit him more and not hear all the complains... Shelley

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I just heard from my brother and he says that Chelsea is doing very good right now... He thinks that she might die soon as she is over 12 and she is having a really hard time walking around... I want to see her but I think I would cry to see her the way she is right now but if she dies than I will really be sad that I did not see her... I am tore up inside thinking about this and do not know what to do... Shelley

Hey Shelley, our beautiful dogs & how we love them... How they love us. When my Mum died & I had my breakdown one of the hardest things was having my dogs be away with friends for 6 weeks as I just couldn't cope with them. I felt such horrendous guilt, & still do sometimes, even though they're home now & were well & happy while they were away.

What do you think you will regret most is the only way I can even think of tackling your situation - seeing her old & crying because of it ,or not seeing her? In a way I envy my dogs as their lives are so simple. They don't anticipate old age or death or fear it. They just live for the moment.They're just their sweet selves, old, young or inbetween. She will be fine with whatever your decision is. It's just you that will be anguished about it.

Hoping for a decision that feels right to you.

Big hugs,

Becka

Becka,

As a friend of mine expressed to me is how when we euthanize our pets they have no clue what is going on. We as humans know what is most likely going to happen. I feel like you do also, I envy the very fact that when they are looking with love at the people who have been their buddies and that is all they know. I just put my best buddy 2 weeks ago and I am hoping that she heard me tell her over and over her favorite saying, "I love you Katie." Isn't that what should help us make the decisions we make for them?