Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today Is One Year

Today, Feb. 24th is a year since my mom passed. I can't believe it's a year already but then again it seems like forever since I last saw her, I miss her everyday. It has been a very pleasant day so far, I had a nice breakfast out with my son and daughter in law who is pregnant and due in May, when we returned home there was a floral delivery from my other son, daughter in law and grand daughter, a beautiful bouquet of yellow dasies my favorites, with a sweet card telling me they are thinking of me. It's so nice they all remembered and thought about my mom and how I would be today. I am blessed. I wish this next year to be a better one then last year, and filled with more happy memories then tears. Thank you all for being here for me this past year, I read all the posts everyday, it has helped me through some tough times.

It sounds like you had a great day despite the fact of your loss. You can look at it as a celebration of her life here on earth as your children honored you with flowers. I hope that when I reach the one year mark (not until October) that it will be a day of hope and being greatful rather than a day of dread.

Thanks for sharing with us your beautiful day!!!

Lori

Lori,

I was "dreading" the year mark, that's one reason I arranged to have the breakfast with my son, I wanted to stay busy but still be with family. I don't think I will ever stop grieving the loss of my mom, but I made it through all the "firsts" without her and know that if I don't live well and go on with life and make new happy memories I will not be honoring her. It's what all mothers want for their children, to have a good life, and while I'll miss her forever I will try and live a good and happy life, and carry her with me in my heart. Thank you to all who responded, this is such a nice place to share not only the sad feelings but the good ones too.