Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Meeting My Dad's Fiance

Hi All,

I haven't been around much...just busy with life in general, but I met my Dad's soon to be wife this past week. She is really nice.

Prior to her visiting my Dad and I had a few discussions, some heated, about things he has said to me that have been rather insensitive. I know he does not mean to be intentional when he says things but I had to let him know his words or his actions stung me or made me feel hurt. I felt better once I let that go. I always know, he's there as I for him and he is always my Dad.

His fiance came for his birthday and will be out again to visit in 2 weeks. I really, really like her. She makes him happy. What's important is that both honor and respect their prior spouses they both lost and realize that they have eachother because of them.

Thanks for the listening ears.

Lori

That is a very cool story and I hope everything works out with your dad and his new fiance. It's good that you spoke your feelings to him, too. I don't know how old you are, but I know when my daughters (21 and 25) talk to my husband, sometimes there is fire in the air! But they always get things resolved and both sides know that the other one really does love them.

Take care...Lori

Hi Lori,

we really are leading parallel lives LOL

I haven't been here for ages either........

I haven't met the fiance though.........

I'm so glad you had the chance to say the things about the insensitivity,I wish I could do, it,I just shut up like a book, and he ends up doing all the talking,thinking I'm upset. It's 6 weeks or more between calls usually.He missed my birthday again.

I have spoken to Margaret2 over the phone a couple of times and she seems really nice and dad likes her which is the main thing LOL he has to live with her LOL Its still a bit uncomfortable for me though.

I got my wedding invitation yesterday. I think I should go.But I don't have the money to get there,either does my younger sister. I think I will have to send him a letter, and explain that, much as Id like to be there for him,I just don't have the money.will he offer me money???ha......I doubt it....he just bought a caravan and paid for a wedding etc etc LOLOL(my dad has always just paid for something)I can't see Lisa getting there either as she lives another 5 hours from me.It's a two day trip up there for the pair of us,she with a toddler. Our middle sister is only 3 hours from the wedding,so the 7 of them might fill out the pugh a little........the trouble is it's so far away, none of his rellies will be able to get there,theyare all elderly and mums side............well,I doubt he sent invites ,they have all blacklisted him.

so I will feel really guilty if I don't go, but short of asking him for the money I don't know how I'm going to get there.

thanks for your ears again Lori :) and everyone reading :)

any ideas welcome :)

cheers

Bee

Hi All,

I haven't been around much...just busy with life in general, but I met my Dad's soon to be wife this past week. She is really nice.

Thanks Bee and Lori for your responses.

My Dad's fiance is coming back to AZ on Friday. I will be glad because he has been so cranky since she has left to go home.

I am happy they have found eachother...but, I have my concerns that my Dad is trying to bring back what he lost only 15 months ago. He really has some unnecessary bitterness he is harboring towards my Mom's family. I have told him that certain things he is doing is not nice and uncalled for.

I hope he realizes the things he is doing.

Bee, I have 5 more months until my Dad's wedding. I got my plane ticket to go and I really lucked out with such cheap flights. All of their grandchildren will be in the wedding.

Take Care,

Lori