Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Montoya Is Gone Now

4MBF

We let go of Montoya on Sunday at 1:20 pm MT. God gave us a beautiful day in the Colorado mountains to let her go. Although her energy levels were quite diminished I feel and hope that she enjoyed her last moments being in one of her favorite places.

The vet was very gentle and repectful to Montoya as well as to us. And he gave us all the space we needed when we needed it.

Here are some pics of Montoya. One when she was about 4 yrs and the others are about a month ago not far from her favorite spot where we let her go.

Take care, Steve

post-2718-1174983239_thumb.jpg

post-2718-1174983488_thumb.jpg

post-2718-1174983520_thumb.jpg

She is indeed a beauty, Steve ~ thank you so much for sharing these pictures with us. I cannot imagine how difficult it was for you to let Montoya go, but I'm sure she somehow knew that it was your final act of love for her.

Have you thought of what you and your family might do to memorialize Montoya?

I offer the following articles, in hopes that they will bring you some small measure of comfort:

Funerals for Pets?

Memorializing a Cherished Pet

Rainbow Bridge

Where Do We Go from Here?

The Journey

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T

Thanks for your thoughts and kind words Marty. Also thanks for articles, I will read them. Every little bit of info seems to help in some way.

Yes we are in the process of exploring various ways to memorialize Montoya. She will be cremated and we will have an urn made for her. Yesturday I went out to the mountains where we let her go and had a small vigil for her at the same time of the day that she pasted. We are also going to setup a website dedicated to her. I think it will be therapeutic for my daughter and I. In time I think it will have sections for other past pets as well as future pets. But the main theme will be based on Montoya. There other things that we will probably do also. For now we are just going to take it one day at a time. She is already teaching me things about life. Through our relationships with animals they have a way of teaching us things. Funny how that works.

I really can't imagine life without her. She was and is truely a special dog to us. In time I will get another dog but I will get through my grief for Montoya first.

Thanks and Take care, Steve

Edited by 4MBF

Steve and Family,

I'm very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Montoya. I know how special she was, and how loved, by the things you have shared with us. I would like to visit her memorial website; plese share it with us when you get it up. ~STOO~