Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dedication

dpodesta

This dedication was written in the newsletter where my wife worked before she passed away. I felt that this being the one year mark of her death would be a fitting time to post it here.

Dedication to Karen

Karen was a beautiful soul that passed through this world ever so quickly. She always had a smile on her face and she had a certain spark of light that danced around her eyes.

Karen was a devoted mother, wife, aunt, sister, daughter and friend. Her eyes really lit up when she spoke about her family. She became more animated and would talk faster; alomost as if she knew her time on earth was limited and she needed to get it all in before she left.

She was always there to help out when you needed her and she cared about everyone. Always so encouraging if she knew that you were trying to reach a goal or complete something important to you. She would tell you, "Keep it up, you are doing great!"

Karen will be missed but her spirit remains with us and her legacy will live on. Be kind to each other because we don't know how much time we have left. She would have wanted it that way.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

Karen

I miss you, I miss your smile and the way your eyes lit up. You will forever be in my heart

Love always and forever

Derek.

Thank you for sharing that with us, Derek. No wonder you miss her, she sounds like a very special person.