Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Husband's Grief

:( , Hello to everyone, I am new here. My H's father passed away 9 days ago.

If anyone can tell me, do men handle the grieving process different than women?

I understand that everyone's reaction is different. I am concerned for him and want to know if there are things I should be watching for.

I am sorry for everyone's loss here. I hope that today, you may see sunshine!

Dear Marty,

It has taken me a while to come back and check my original post. This is exactly what I have been looking for, and I know it will help our family members understand each other as we walk through this journey of sorrow.

My husband is planning a major renovation and add on to our home. I was against it at first, explaining to him that we need to take time to heal before we make a decision as this. He was adamant about it, so to keep from having hurt feelings, I decided to follow his lead. I can look at this as a huge disaster, or, I can look at it as a diversion. I may be pulling my hair out and screaming next week, but, we do have to go on living and we shall do that to the best of our ability every day in every way!!!

Would you mind if I print this and share it with my family? I also have a another forum I visit, and this article would help everyone there and they would appreciate it so much. I would be sure to give your name, and make sure these words are shared with your credit, not to be something spoken from my mouth.

Thank you so much!!!!! BEACHWATER

My dear friend,

I'm so glad you found the article helpful, and I thank you for letting me know.

Of course you are most welcome to reprint any article I've written, and I thank you for asking. I would appreciate your specifically stating that you are reprinting the article with my permission, and at the end of it, please include my Web site address (www.griefhealing.com) in case the reader wishes to contact me for further information.

You and others reading this may also find this article helpful ~ I posted it just today: Helping Another in Grief.

Dear Marty,

This new article is extremely informative. I know a few people who have not been there for me, whom I have always stood by through thick and thin, these people could use this article to understand the things a 'friend' needs to do to help the mourning re-enter life.

My h is planning a huge renovation and add on to our home. We had the plans for about 3 years. I am not looking forward to having my life turned upside down {again}, frankly, I am not right side up yet...if you understand what I mean. At first I told him that I was not ready for this, he said everything would be ok, and he is ready. I decided this project might be a good diversion for us and give us something to keep our minds occupied. I still am concerned about him, he loved his Dad so much and misses him terribly. I guess I will keep the wheels turning. I have stood beside him and will continue to because I love him so much!

You are great Marty!! Thanks for encouraging me to share your articles, and I will be happy to add your name and address at the end!!!!!!!!!