Grief Healing Discussion Groups

How Is Everyone?

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on for awhile because my Mom broke her hip, had an operation, went to a rehabiitation center, came home, got antibiotic induced colitis, went back to the hospital and is now home again and, now, the colitis has come back! I am trying to make this short! Anyway, between running back and forth to the hospital and rehab center and caring for her, I've been too exhausted to post.

I really have missed everyone and hope to catch up with all of you! Hope all of you have been ok.

Hugs,

Shell

Hi Shell,

I am sorry to hear about your mom, I hope things are better for you now... I am so glad that you posted today I missed your thoughtfull words but I am glad you are back...About catching up with me, all I have to say is it was a very busy three weeks. I had the three children I am watching during the day home with the flu and than colds after that received phone call about my dad's brother Ted from his other brother to tell us that Ted died in his sleep... Here we go again.... 2003 we lost my dad's sister Shirley in March of that year, we lost her husband Don in August of the same year.... In 2005 we lost my mom in April of that year and my dad in August of that year and now we are in 2007 and my uncle Ted who is my dad's brother died in April of this year.... I was hoping that the curse that is following the family would have ended but it seems to want to continue... So all are thought are with Ted's wife Nancy who if anyone will be next in August if we do not stop the curse.... I am just not myself today please excuse me Shelley

Shelley,

I'm so sorry. It's strange how many of us have so many multiple deaths! It does feel like a curse, but I try to believe it has to end sometime! Hang in there and don't worry about not being yourself...I feel the same way! Sometimes I wonder if I even know WHO I am anymore.

Hugs,

Shell

Shell: WHO you are is a warm, loving, caring person a lot of people depend on and look up to. May the support you've given here come back to you many-fold. :)

Hello Shell,

I hope your mom's doing better.

I noticed you had replied to someone who had replied to my thread in the General Grief Topics section about my journey so far. I'll assume you read a little bit of what I had written. That's pretty much what's been going on with me.

Don't be a stranger and come back here more often when time permits!

Jeff