Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Just Checking In

Janine

I am sorry I haven't been around much. The ^@&*)% just keeps hitting the fan. After Grandmothers funeral, my cousin found out his cancer has returned, My husband was diagnosed with a pre-cancerous growth in his colon and has to have surgery, and my 17 year old son decided to try and hide the fact that his new girlfriend is 28 years old.

My cousin will start another round of radiation and Chemo and God willing he will win another battle. Rick has surgery May 12th. Even though the surgery is scary, I am grateful it was caught early since his father died of colon cancer when he was 2 years older than Rick is now.

My son...Has broken off his relationship with his girlfriend, not angry with me, but somewhat silent on the subject.

Through all this, I have stayed calm and I have not broken anything, which is good. I am a smasher when I get angry.

I am checking in with you guys, I am just battling a lot of demons right now.

:blink:

Janine

Janine,

You have so much going on right now. I am glad they found Rick's growth early, I will keep him in my prayers. I have always wanted to smash something when I am upset, but instead I do the "silent suffering" which is not good. My 18 yr old daughter told me the other day that when I get mad at my kids, I hold a grudge, but don't talk to them about it. Of course I didn't agree! I hope things calm down in your life. I will keep you in my thoughts.