Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Two Years And Counting

STARKISS

Hi All,

I am feeling like I am grieving too long, I lost both parents two years ago and wonder if it is just me making excuses for feeling sad... Can anyone tell me if two years is too long or not??? Shelley

In one of my readings it said that how long it takes may depend on the circumstances and is entirely a personal thing. July 25th of this year will be two years since Jack passed away and I still feel so many of the things that other people here are reporting. I definately don't think 2 years is too long. I believe you need to just take all the time you need and not to worry about it. Take care and God Bless You.

Karen

Shelley

I think each person heals differently and no one can say anytime is to long. Are you able to get daily things done? do you do things for yourself? are you sleeping and eating ok? if yes then i think you are doing just fine. i don't think we ever get "over it" we just find the way to go on. i hope for you a day of peace. love lori

Shelly, I agree with Lori. We will always be remembering, but hopefully it won't be monopolizing our everyday tasks and lives. If you feel like there are things that you just can't get through, or are always feeling guilty about moving forward or having fun, than maybe you should talk to your counselor about it. I find that writing in a journal has really helped me. Sometimes I answer my own questions and figure things out in my writings. All I know for sure is that our parents would not want us to be in deep grief for too long. They loved us and would only want the best for us as we continue our life.

Take care...Lori

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karenb,

Thank you for replying to my post, It is hard to believe it has been over two years for my mom but it has and I am still feeling some of the sadness but it has been a little easier these days... I think that most of the problem will be over when I find my own space in this world... Right now I am sharing and it has caused me to want and miss my mom even more.... Take care Shelley

Hi Lorikelly,

The day I move out of my sister's house will be that day of peace I have been looking for... Do not get me wrong I love her but living together has been difficult for the both of us.... Thanks for your reply and Take care Shelley

Hi LoriS,

Thank you for your reply, I am keeping busier and that does seem to help but I think that when I move out of the house where I am now the grief will get alot better... Take care Shelley

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Even though it has been over two years I feel that days are getting easier to handle... I think that days will get better as I go through them and there will always be times of sadness and missing them but it will get easier... Thanks to everyone who has replied to this post and I am so thankful for this website... Thanks Marty T... Shelley