Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Having A No Talk Time

Hi All,

Has anyone ever had a time during their grief journey where you just did not want to talk anymore... I am now doing that, I do not think I am finished my grief journey but I just do not want to talk about anything right now... Is this part of the journey or am I just speechless.... Shelley

Yes, Shelley. I sure did that here and there for some time. I did hear or read somewhere that keeping a journal of your thoughts and feelings was a good thing to do. I guess I'm not disciplined enough to do that but it might be something for you. Were you going to look for a place for yourself or is my memory not right? I hope you're doing okay. It's a tough road we're traveling but just hang in there.

Karen

Shelley,

There are many days that I wish I didn't have to talk to anyone. I just commented to my best friend today that I wished I could crawl into a hole and be left alone for 24 hours. This journey we're all on is full of "surprises"! Just when you think your in one place emotionally, it will bump you into another ! Have you decided about moving?

Hugs,

Shell

Yes.

Conversation can seem inane, and most people just talk and talk about themselves anyway over silly trivial stuff. I don't mind them doing so as long as I don't need to really answer. And you know what? I found out they're usually not listening for a reply! I am actually relieved when someone takes all the talking time now. My mind is tired. How much thinking and you do? doublejo

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes you just need to be quiet and alone with your thoughts. :ninja: If you're consumed by your grief, regardless of how long its been (we all go through periods when it seems like yesterday) people just don't get it or won't understand. Or be "weirded out" by your grief.

I'm blessed to have two friends with whom I can unload about it. :wub: Of course, they've been hit with deaths recently and not-so-recently, so they "get it."

Hi All,

Thank you for all your replying, as you can see I am back to talking again.. Things are much better but I find the bedtime the worst right now... This is when my mind wanders and I dream about mom and dad the most... Take care All and know that things do get better Shelley

Shelley,

Yeah, bedtime is hard. I can get through the day fairly well, but it's usually later at night that I have a good long cry. I put my tv on the timer, so I can watch it and fall asleep and it will eventually go off. Or I listen to music until I fall asleep.

Hugs,

Shell

• 2 weeks later...