Grief Healing Discussion Groups

How Do I Say Goodbye And Let Go?

Rita S

Wow cried my eyes out! I think that is suppose to help somehow :unsure: . I lost Zeus 2 months ago and I have gone thru the the guilt of "what if I...." I haven't had any new babies in my lap yet. I did want to run out and try to "rescue" a Dane.

I knew I wasn't ready.

I have dreams that he is still alive which is all good as long as I am sleeping;but when I wake up and remember the "truth" It hurts like Hell and I feel crazy.

However Twix,Pino,Sabin,Nissa to name just a few please forgive if I haven't mentioned your pets story I can only cry so much in one day and I can do a good job of that on my own.

Forgive my rambling and thank you for sharing your furbabies with us on this board. I wish I could offer some balm of comfort for out tattered and broken hearts but even that is beyond my meager means. It helps very much to know I am not alone in missing my baby boy. I do see that this is a "work in progress" and thank you all very much being here.

Rita~ I went to your memorial sight, it is wonderful there. You have so many wonderful photos. What a perky little Twix! That face just begged for love. So lucky you had each other.

I pray your son is still doing well and your missing from here is simply because of those long hard nights, when he doesn't understand wet, hungry, cold, or hot and all you can do is hold him. Trust me the holding works! I used to stare at the clock waiting for the numbers to change. Oh I'll hold her till 2:25 and then I'll try again to put her down. 2:25 comes, she fusses, me barely awake, okay I'll hold her 10, 15, or 20 minutes more. Seeming ever so slowly those times happen less and less till they are gone completely. When I was living it, it seemed like forever, but now they are actually pretty great memories of holding my daughter in my arms. Not that I'm wishing those nights on you. :) If you're not having any trouble with night time then all the better for your family.

Melody~ It's good to see you again, you do so remind me of an old friend of mine.

• 1 month later...

Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl. You are 12 years old today! I love you and I miss you so much. We used to get you your own cake, do you remember that? We always had a candle on it for you too. You loved your cake and we love you sweetheart. We all miss you so much. My heart still aches from sadness from you being gone. There is and will always be an emptiness in my heart from missing you so much.

I miss you with all of my heart, Twix. I love you - always and forever and I know that we will be together again someday and you can give me my "'dirl dawg kisses" I really miss them. I miss you following me around all over; I miss you waiting for me in the driveway to come home from work; I miss you looking all over the house for me when you come back inside from being outside; I miss when you are mad at me and snubbing me; I miss you coming into the bathroom with me when I shower; I miss snuggling with you; I miss the true love we had for one another, the loyalty and the friendship; I miss everything about you.

I love you my sweet girl, and please always remember me for I will always remember you. Please come to me in my dreams, I love seeing you and knowing you are ok.

I love you always my sweet baby girl,

Love,

Mommy

• 10 months later...

Hi Twix,

On this date 2 years ago you passed away. I want you to know that I still think of you every single day. My heart still aches from the emptiness of you being gone. I love and miss you just as much today as I did 2 years ago.

You are always on my mind, Twix.

I love you always,

Love,

Mommy

post-3147-1237321278_thumb.jpg

Dear Rita,

Twix 'was'/still is SUCH a sweetie. It's not hard to see why you love her so. :wub: Thank you for helping US remember her, too.

Having just recently passed the 2.5 Year Angelversary of my own girl, Nissa, I know all-too-well that the "heart still aches from the emptiness of you being gone," too. So just know that you're not alone in that feeling.

May your day of remembrance have been filled with the love that never dies, however it may have expressed itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Maylissa and Marty,

Thank you BOTH so much for your support and kind, kind words, it really means a lot to me. Some days are easier than other days and some days it's all I can do to get thru the day. I still catch myself looking for her, calling her name and missing her more and more each day. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. She was my very best friend and friends like that don't come along all too easily. There were times in my life that SHE got me thru and no one else. She has always been there for me; and I really miss that and her. I miss her companionship, her love, her loyalty, her eyes, her smile, I miss everything about her.

I read other people's posts and it breaks my heart. I know their pain, I read it in their words, I feel it in their hearts and I hurt for them. I don't have the words for anyone other than I know what and how they are feeling. It's a deep, deep hurt and I truly feel for them.

I am so glad we have here to come to, to grieve, to cry and know that everyone here feels what and how we do. Here we will never be told to "get over it" or to "move on and put it behind you" or anything that makes us feel like our feelings about our loss doesn't matter and for that I am forever grateful. Twix meant more to me than what I can put into words and I feel sorry for those out there who hasn't, can't and won't open their hearts to an animals' love. It's really their loss.

Thank you all so very much!

Rita