Grief Healing Discussion Groups

June 10 is the anniversary of my dad's death. June 14 was George's birthday. June 17 is when he had a heart attack and went into the hospital. June 19, which also happened to be Father's Day that year, he died. So June 10-19 is tough for me. Because of how it fell, I have a double anniversary of his death...Father's Day AND the 19th as well. Please, when you think of it this week, say a prayer for me, I would appreciate it. For the most part, I will be alone as I go through this two year mark.

Thanks

KayC

KayC - please remember that you are not alone these next few days as long as you have your good friends here. :)

Last July I had severe chest pains and went to our local Hospital by ambulance. The next day I had a quad by-pass heart operation. Somehow,I survived - perhaps someone's prayers helped!

However, all my prayers in April 2005 for Jeannie went unanswered, so I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you in that area. However, I do care and I hope that others can be of more help.

I am not looking forward to Father's Day, knowing that my children's Mother will not be here again this year. :(

Please keep the good memories of your Dad and your George close to your heart and hopefully find some comfort from their presence.

Thanks Walt,

You know, in the beginning, the thoughts only brought pain, but now they bring comfort, so I guess in that sense, time helps. I don't think I can ever again enjoy another Father's Day though, it is the day I lost the man that I loved and now I have, to remember, not only how much I miss my dad, but George as well. My only hope is that there are other men, other fathers out there, who will have a good day.

My dear Kay, it goes without saying, but I will add my voice to Walt's and say it anyway: You are always in our hearts and in our prayers, but most especially as you enter this very difficult week. We are right here with you . . .

My prayers are with you KayC. I still have my father...83 1/2 yrs old. I will put on my good face for his sake after all it's his day but my heart will be heavy. I know each day that I have my Dad is a blessing and I will not let him see or hear my pain.

KayC, you have been such a friend to all of us here. Lean on us as this week passes. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

dear friend from far away i will think of you and wish you stregth thank you for being there and .You gave me comfort. JUNE is hard for me but for other reasons that iweel tell another day .the best for you teny

KayC - You always bring such wonderful words to all of us. Of course, I will pray for your strength and comfort this week. I hope you remember all the good things about these special people. The Good Lord will be with you, watching over you and your friends will thinking of you. Take care.

KarenB

KarenB

Thank you for your comforting words...today is George's birthday and I am depressed. I don't understand how this journey can be so up and down, and especially after two years. It seems everyone has moved on except me, and I can't forget. I have been going through his cards this week, which I haven't done before. I remember running across a card I had written to him, and I don't even remember it except apparently he was going on a long trip and he had gotten up at 4:30 in the morning to wash my car before I woke up and before he left for his trip. Who else would have done that? It hits me so hard, the kind of man he was and that no one in the world was like him. He left a huge hole and it serves as a tribute to him and his specialness. Happy Birthday, George, wherever you are. Maybe you don't celebrate birthdays up there, but I will never forget you on your birthday nonetheless.

LoriKelly,

My job is just a job, it isn't anything like what I've had in the past. I've been fortunate in my life to have some wonderful jobs so I guess they were a tough act to follow.

My marriage...when he gets off work I'm "out of area" (cellphone) and when I get home he's falling asleep. We only see each other on weekends. It makes it very difficult to build anything when you're so far apart and your schedules don't coincide. We have a commitment to each other but very little else.

And in the meantime, because we have so little time together, I have reserved my weekends for him and as a result, the few friends I have have now moved on. It's compounded by my long commute and lack of time during the week. I guess that all adds to my melancholy.

Hi Kayc,

You are really battling a tough one this month, as if it isn't difficult enough already. I wish you relief as you navigate this physically alone, though I'm sure you know that we are all standing side-by-side with you in spirit, sending you good wishes as well as prayers through this extremely challenging time for you.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

~Lao Tzu

Thanks Steven. I had a really tough day yesterday, in fact, all week. I finally went in and talked to my boss and let him know that this is the anniversary of so many unpleasant memories and it'll be tough the next week but it should be a little better once that's behind me. I thought people at work might have noticed that my mind seems to be elsewhere and I'm somewhat down. I also called and talked to my daughter and she met me for lunch and my soon to be son in law called me to try and cheer me up, so that helped. I guess people can't help you if you don't reach out and let them know or ask for it.

Last night my husband had to go to the hospital with eye injuries (sustained at work earlier in the day) so my heart is still pretty heavy. I was briefly contemplating even going back on antidepressants...I will try to ride this out but if this state continues for long, I'll have to get into the doctor. I can't go on feeling like this for any duration. I guess we've all been there with our ups and downs.