Grief Healing Discussion Groups

How To Go On

I mom as been gone just over a week now. The house is still the same I can't even watch TV down stairs where her chair is, I go and hide in my bedroom.Dont know how i can hrow out any of my mom stuff. She loved to knit, bags of wool,she would do craft sales so their are mitts hats, and more.she would do blanets to.I have not even eaten at the table since her died, for i have not really eaten salads, apples coffee,hotdog bread that is all and dont want to shop for i cook for 2 and now i dont. try to work what did not go well. 4hour in total this week.and i own it.I sleep in the day and cry at night.even going to town i cry.The flowers she planted she won't be able to see.People told me they would help remove she stuff but i cant it is her and i cant even go into her room.I have to go and pay the finally bill for furnell and flower i tryed but did not want to work in those doors again.she was even waiting for strawberrys and i pass that when i go to town.their is so many things i see that makes me cry for i think of her I feel so alone and lost I just want it all to be a dream. Now the weekend there again and its ride for sight which i took her to. How can i go on can any one help???

Tracey

You aren't alone. I lost my mom on 5/30/07. She was 84. I am 50 - I almost feel like a child - I really really miss her. I live next door to her and my dad. They celebrated their 64th wedding anniversay on 4/14/07. On 4/19/07 she was diagnosed with lung cancer in both lungs - never even smoked. I don't go into her room either unless I need to for something. In her bedroom everything is exactly like it was. It will be a long time before I can ever do anything with it. I go in there and her coat is laying on the bed - I pick it up and it smells just like her. I am so sad! I know my dad is too! Everybody says it gets easier - but I don't know I was so used to seeing her everyday! I look forward to knowing I will see her again! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Tracey,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost mine two weeks ago. We lost my dad two and a half years ago, so all I can tell you is that eventually you will learn to cope with the loss....you will never get over it, but it will be "softened" as time goes by. It takes a long time to go through all this and too many of us expect to being doing better too soon. Give yourself time, and more time, to grieve and get your feelings out. Have faith that you will make it through, you will. I know how hard it is.

A big hug to you,

Shell

Lavender,

My sympathies to you too. It's funny, I keep my moms room (I lived with her) much cleaner than any other room in the house. I haven't changed anything either. It's like I think I want it perfect...for when she comes back or if she can see it. Crazy! But I do know that grief makes us do crazy things! The house is mine now, but I still wonder if my mom will think it's ok whenever I make even the slightest change!

I'm 53 and my mom was 86. I've said recently that I feel like I'm 5 and my security blanket has been ripped away from me! I guess we will always be our parents "kids". Hang in there,

A big hug to you too,

Shell

Tracey and Lavendar,

I lost my mom a little over 6 months ago. My advice would be not to change anything in the house or give your mom's things away, until you are ready. Take as long as you need. I had to put my parent's house up for sale a few months ago, so we had to clean out everything then. I kept all the treasures I wanted, but still regret giving so many things away, so soon. Some things I wanted to keep but am just not ready to deal with, so I put them all in big plastic boxes and one day I will go thru them. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.