Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Feeling Fatigued And Really Weighed Down

Hi all. I haven't been on this site since Nov 06 . My Mom who I love dearly passed April 2/06 and it has been a very rough road -- the roughest I've ever walked. Around Christmas I just tried to do all the traditional things for my son's sake and actually started to enjoy life -- not a big party type of enjoy but at least I could smile and laugh a bit. The crying/wailing in grief related pain had subsided and I thought I was 'over' it all. Last week I started feeling very heavy and tired , like a massive weight was pressing down on me (it has almost an energy of its own) and I felt like I was literally being pulled downward into a deep dark hole. I went about my business and tried to brush it off but would at times take naps during the day due to the tiredness. Today after 10 and a half hours sleep last night I still had this tiredness so laid on my bed and very distinctly heard my Mom's voice in my head say "Let it out." and I burst out crying ! Wailing again. It will be 15 month on July 2nd and I almost feel like she just died yesterday again. I can't believe I still have this much pain! I never had this much for anyone else I have ever lost. My Mom and I were very close and I think that is why. I don't know if the tiredness is caused by the grief that is still in me . Anyone else had this after this long? Marty, maybe you too can give me some insight here? Thanks all.

Whiteswan.

Perfectly normal. Grief can ebb and flow, so to speak. And it can come out of nowhere, even after you've been "in control" for a time. I just lost my Mom the 7th of June and she and I were very close too. Losing her was the hardest. I'm sure it's going to take a long, long time to grieve for her.

Hugs,

Shell

As Shell says it is a normal occurance, most of the time I fall asleep, even with medication to relive depression,I think in due time it will wane down as the grief becomes less active in your life, I still experience it after 4 months and wonder when it will end, I know I dont have the loss you have expericenced for such a time, perhaps a doctor could help?

Blessings,

William

Whiteswan...I am so sorry about the loss mf your mom. I know exactly how you feel. The tiredness, retreating from everything, crying, etc. Like Shell says it's normal. There is a natural flow of sadness and happiness and hopefully the happiness will be more frequent in the months ahead. I was doing really bad in the beginning, than pretty good, than bad again, now pretty good and on it goes I guess. Maybe you should see your doctor or councelor. I will be thinking of you.

Take care...Lori