Grief Healing Discussion Groups

1 Year Approaching

Hello everyone,

I havnt been here for a while. I have missed talking to everyone, and relaying our feelings. I have had a very busy couple of months and have been trying to supress my grief in order to accomplish my tasks. I am really paying for it now... It will be a year this Thurs, July 5th, since Jason left this world. I keep replaying the final days over and over. I am findign it very hard to concentrate and stay focused on anything. I decided to take a leave from work until I am ready to return. I just got done moving into a new place and I have met a really nice man who is so very understanding of my feelings. I was really starting to enjoy my life again and now with the anniversary I seem to be in that fog I was in right after the death. I know there are good days and bad days, but I seem to be having an awful lot of bad days lately. Nothing is going right. Little things send me on a crying spree. I needed to speak to others who relate to me. God I miss him!!!!

Well, my husband will have been gone for two years the end of July and I still do the things you're talking about here and there. I had a "melt down" yesterday from out of nowhere, talked to a few people in the group here and then just plodded through it. I guess that's all we can do. We've been put in these positions for some reason and all we can do is move forward with steps back as well. This love we have for those who are gone is a wonderful thing.....think if we didn't have it at all! I can't imagine my life without having had my Jack in it, even for what I feel is a short time. You take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing. Take care.

KarenB

Chrissy,

We have missed you on this site, it is good to hear from you again. The anniversary of death is a very hard benchmark, and it seems like it causes us to go back there and it is a painful reminder that hits us again. I just went through the two year mark and it was a hard month. It is probably wise for you to take some time off, be good to yourself and realize that although this is painful, you will make it through this and we are thinking of and praying for you. I'm glad you have met someone that is good to you!

Chrissy,

Sorry I a late in responding, I hope yesterday went well (as well as can be expected anyways). I can't believe it has been a year for you, it seems like just yesterday. I too have been away from the site I monitor new posts through e-mail so it keeps me somewhat in touch. I know for me I found that the day of the one year mark wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I hope you did as well. If it didn't, that is ok also, it is different for all of us. How is little Jason doing, you will have to post a recent picture of him. I hope to hear from you soon

Love always

Derek