Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Testing

PattyInAK

I've posted before, many months ago when I lost my horse Domingo. It was the worse day of my life. Its been 11 months now, and I have lived through many firsts without him -- the first Christmas, Domingo had a Santa hat that he liked to wear, he thought he was hot stuff when he had his hat on. Then there was the New Year, and Valentines Day. And his birthday April 10th., Memorial Day.............the firsts are hard. Soon I will go through the hardest one -- the one year anniversary of his death. Domingo is buried in the big corral that he loved. A huge boulder has been placed at the head of his resting place and many wildflowers have been planted. I will have to post a picture of him sometime.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nannsies

Hi Patty, I remember you and Domingo from the previous message boards. I am sorry to hear that you are hurting so badly as you experience all your firsts. I understand and I sympathize with you.

Domingo was a beautiful horse and I know you loved him with all your heart and soul. His burial place sounds absolutely beautiful and wonderful and peaceful.

When is the anniversary of his passing?

I so wish there was something I could say or do to make things better for you. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

As you know, I LOVE your pic of Domingo in his Santa hat. He looks so cute and so proud.

Hang in there. I know it is hard now but the pain does lessen as time goes by.

Feel free to email me if you want to talk.

Love and friendship,

Nannsies

PS. If you email me and don't hear back from me right away it is because I do not have a computer. I have to use my daughter's and I am only over at her house to babysit 3 days a week. I will get your emails and I will email you back when I am here.