Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Controls Not Working Right....

Maylissa

I just noticed that the simple functions, like italics, etc. aren't working with the same ease of use as before the GH server changed hands. One used to get a separate window in which to place all text to be formatted into italics (or others), and now it's back to the more cumbersome "highlight and click", or "click separately" to begin and end italics.

Have they just not got all the bugs out yet, or are we being forced back into the 'old ways' again? Not sure if there are any other (ooooo, what a pain! :glare: ) functions we're also now been deprived of, too.

Edit: Oh, just noticed another one! My signature is showing up as BLACK print on my computer, rather than the purple it was always set up to be. (my Controls are still showing the colour choice as in place, yet........)

Edited by Maylissa

Maylisssa, dear ~ I'm so sorry, but as much as I can determine, all the controls are working properly, and have not changed from how they worked before. I am unable to explain why your controls are working differently. On my machine at least, your signature is still showing up as purple, too. All I can suggest is that you try re-booting your computer to see if that helps. Please do let me know if this does not help, and we will go from there.

Marty,

I got my H to go back and revert something he'd changed on my colour settings, and I now see my signature is looking right, and that other function I'd PM'd you about is also now working again. And my H just discovered that the "Guided Mode Enabled" button below had somehow been disabled, so now the format functions are working as usual for me again! Yeah! Problems solved!

LOL! I'm afraid we can't afford him! :lol:

And despite his 'expertise', even HE couldn't figure out, in the last few minutes, why my "View New Posts" function suddenly has gone the way of the Do-Do bird! I give up on techie stuff for today! :rolleyes: