Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Struggling

khisha

My name is Khisha and I have a coc-a- poo named Tuffy. Tuffy has been my friend since I was eight years old. I am now 23 years old , and he has been there for me through it all. I was raised by my grandparents when my mother died, and when they died I felt that the world was crashing down. I made it through those tough times, but not without God and my trusty companion. Tuffy and I used to play this game when I was dating with my boyfriends. If they liked Tuffy or vice versa then I would continue to see them, but if they had a problem with him or vice versa then that guy was dropped like a cup of hot coffee. Well Tuffy is not gone yet, but the vet is telling me to get ready. Tuffy has kidney disease and they told me he won't make it through the summer. It is very hard especially since he is still active. We are still playing fetch and rolling around on the floor. How can I cope if Tuffy is still acting like he was last summer?? I don't know what to do without Tuffy. He's has understood me when "humans" have not. His' love is always loyal, and he lovesvme even when I have fallen short. I need help!!! No one understands; :(

Khisha,

I'm sorry about this heartbreaking time! You are such an awesome Mom to Tuffy, it is obvious. wub.gif I know you are facing one of the most excruciatingly painful times in your life.

Wow--He is 15 and still romping around with you. What a very special relationship you 2 have (speaking of relationships, I love the story about the boyfriends! biggrin.gif ).

It must be so hard to even imagine life without Tuffy by your side. I lost my sweet Little Girl (cat) on March 24. It still hits me sometimes with disbelief that I'm supposed to actually live my life here on earth before she and I are reunited! I want to be with her NOW. (I do get signs that she's around, and these comfort me a lot.)

Tuffy knows how you feel about him. When the time comes... we will help you through the grief, one day at a time.

Please keep in touch!

Love,

Kathy

Khisha,

I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I think it is GREAT that you are seeking support now. Please keep us posted on how Tuffy is doing.

And MANY kuddo's to your for the boyfriend game! I love it. You go girl!

Many hugs and healing thoughts,

Frannie