I Found The Secret In Greek

i READ THE BOOK THAT WAS RECOMENTED .as THE SECRET SAYS IF YOU WANT SOMETHING IN A POSSITIVE WAY IT WILL COME TO YOU .tHERE WAS NOTHING MORE I WANTED THAN YIANY TO GET WELL.h HE WAS THINKING POSSITIVE AND TOLD ME THAT GOD GAVE HIM SOMETHING MORE DIFICULT MY LOVE.IKEPT PRAYING UNTYL I LOST FAITH THE ONLY ONE THAT SURVIVED IS ME TO FEEL THE EMTY LONELY LIFE WHAT IS THE POSSITIVE THAT I CAN NOW EXPECT/?LIFE IS NEVER GOING TO BE HAPPY AGAINTHIS IS THE FIRST HOT LNELY DESPERATE SUMMER WITHOUT MY LOVE SO THE SECRET DID NOT ANSWER ANY OF MY QUESTIONS IN FACT I LOST HOPE TENY.

Teny,

I know that this early it is hard to see what is left in life. I remember feeling that way also and that there was no hope. I can't help think about a song called "Unanswered Prayers" it is a man talking about how he prayed to be married to this one person and it didn't happen, however he found someone else and how well it all turned out. Obviously this is a different circumstance however I truley believe that it all works out. God answers all of our prayers, either "No", "Yes" or "Not Yet". For Yanni and my wife, God's work for them was done here on Earth, yes it saddens us that we have to part with them, but think how happy they must be in Heaven. No bills, no pain, nothing to worry about, etc. One day we will be reunited with them, until then we have to find a way to live life again without them. I will admit that my faith was shaken when this first happened, but I have learned that God does have a plan for me. The book you read has the answer, you said it talked about be positive. In order to start being happy again you will have to start thinking in a positive way. I know that this is difficult, but it is possible. It has been almost 16 months since Karen passed away and I have started living life again. I have started looking at life and seeing that I do have a future. I will add something else, I thought after Karen died that there was no purpose why did God take her away from me, I look at it now and think maybe he took her away so that I would have to go through this pain in order to help other people get through this. I think he led me to this site. If one person here gets help from my experience then Karen's death is not so harsh. I hope this helps, I pray that God will give you your faith back, that you will be able to pray even if it is God help me. I pray that you will find happeiness again like I have.

Lover always

Derek

When my husband died it was a shock because it wasn't expected and so I spent my "numb" time practically forgetting everything around me, even my faith. As time went by my long-time faith returned to me in a stronger way. I began to understand some of the "whys" and I know that God was walking right beside me all the time. I do believe he is trying to teach us all the time and many of the lessons are so difficult. I have always been a positive thinker and know things will be for the best if I look for the best in them. Keep trying to look for something positive, Teny. It will come to you in the right time. Hang in there.

Karen

Hi Teny, I remember responding to you when others were speaking of the SECRET. I also prayed constantly, thought positively, Larry prayed, I prayed over his doctors, his nurses and I could go on and on but he died. While I do think its a interesting book and there is something to the power of attraction, I didn't feel it applied to my grieving. I hope to return to my faith someday, I hope Larry is at peace and not suffering but as for praying now, that I can't do. I still don't understand why this happened. I wish for you strength while you are grieving and peace along this road. Deborah

Teny,

If you read the book reviews on The Secret (see amazon.com)you will see that not everyone touts it as a great book and why. I believe totally in thinking positive, but I do not agree with that author on so many points. Sometimes there is suffering for us, and there is also purpose in suffering. This isn't a popular message or one that people want to hear or seek for, yet so much comes from suffering. It is kind of like a diamond stone being chiseled into something beautiful, something that sparkles and the different facets reflect the light that comes it's way. Yet a diamond, in the rough, isn't impressive. That is kind of like our lives. I have learned to stop asking the "why" and start asking God "what now?" Why may not be something I will ever know or understand. I think in my case there is a why, but in a lot of people's cases, I don't think there always is. Look at Walt and Evelyn, they were with their spouses for so long, their spouse didn't have the problems mine did, why would they be taken? I've learned not to even ask that...it is a question with a hollow resounding non-answer. The Bible says it rains on the just and on the unjust, and I take that to mean that life just happens. Stuff happens. It happens to all of us. Some people look for meaning in everything, even when there is none. You can take it that everything is fate and with purpose, or you can say stuff just happens and we have to deal with it. Whatever brings you peace and makes it more palatable for you to handle, believe that. In the end it doesn't really matter if it's fate or happenstance, we are still ultimately left to deal with this hard blow. But I like what Derek shared, because out of this voice of experience, he is learning to live again. I know, Derek, that that was not easy, I was here when you went through pain, but you have determined to not be bitter, to not stay rutted in the past, to live, to laugh again, to build a life for you and your son. That is what we must do. We must make effort and it takes tremendous effort...I know, I have not stopped trying, nor will I. We are not the fainthearted, we are survivors, we are people who learn and adapt to change, and it doesn't really matter that it was forced on us, what matters is that we are doing it. God be close to you Teny, don't let it bother you that your faith is shaken to the core, that is so normal, so "to be expected". You WILL come through this! I put my arms around you and say a prayer for you today, "God be with this suffering little one and help her to know that You are right there beside her. You DO care about her, You DO love her, You ARE sorry for her hurting. Give her hope and peace, and reassure her that she will be with her Yiani again and that you are there to help her through this "meanwhile"...Amen."

thank you all so much it is the only thing tha keeps me going .Every dayI read your postings and try to find confort from far away love and care .Until the time comes that I will start praying again PLEASE PRAY FOR ME teny .

I think the author is a quack. sorry but i believe in positive thinking but people do not bring things like death, sickness etc on themselves. all the straving children in africa and around the world did not bring it on themselves. no postive thinking could stop that. i think she is someone who wanted to make alot of money and unfortunately she did. i watched dateline or a show on like that about the secret and it wasn't positive. i wouldn't spend my money on that i would rather send it to a good charity. sorry for response or if i offended anyone. love lori

Teny, I am so sorry that you are in so much pain right now. I'm sending you a BIG SUPER hug from California to Greece!!! KayC, I like your analogy about the diamond in the rough. I remember when my dad passed away, a girl I used to work with who had lost her mother a few years back told me that eventually I will look at this experience as a gift. I couldn't imagine what she meant. Than when my mom died last year, she gave me her words of wisdom again saying one day I would look at my moms death as a gift. What she meant was that now that I am facing one of the biggest challenges in my life and that I will learn and grow so much as a person. We will never be the same without our loved ones who meant so much to us. But I hope in time that my "new normal" will be a life filled up again and that my knowledge and experience will benefit me along with my family, friends, coworkers, etc.

You seem so much better these days and I'm glad for you. I don't post much on these boards (about death of a spouse) but I feel like I know you guys from reading about you. You are a bunch of brave souls. I can't even imagine what a death of a spouse would feel like, or be like, or what would I do, etc.

Keep on plugging through...we're all in this together!

Take care

Teny,

I was raised to believe the same unfortunately, I prayed fervently over my late wife, anointed her with oil, brought several ministers, to no avail. At the time I became angry at God, well I still am but I realized he gave her comfort in her last days as a respite from the sickness. My experience gave me this, years ago I prayed for a wife and it was answered, some things didn't get answered but our course of life gives us the wisdom to understand..what doesn't make you weaker always strengthens you always. I wish a miracle for you...

William