Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Do You Ever Dream About Your Loved One?

I lost my mom June 10th just a couple of months ago, and I pray so much to just dream about her... we were so close and it is just like she vanished!

I don't dream about her at all! I was wondering if anyone has seen there loved one in a dream-

I didn't dream about my daddy for quite some time after he passed away (January 20th, 2007)... but maybe 3mths ago I started having dreams with him them (I find them nonsensical... and most times they just confuse the heck out of me) I know I hoped/prayed & wanted very badly the "hear" from daddy... I hate to say this, but just give it time... I felt it was almost as if the harder I tried to hear/see something from him, the more elusive it was. I wish you all the best & am sorry for your loss...

*hugs*

Rosanne,

I am so sorry about your mom. I lost my mom Dec.06. I didn't have a dream about her for quite a few months. Since then, I have had 4-5 dreams with my mom in it.They are always wonderful and I wake up with overwhelming feelings of love and happiness. Of course then it's hard when I completely wake up and realize she is gone. Take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts.

Rosanne,

I haven't dreamed about my mother either! And I feel so sad about it, like she doesn't want to get in touch with me or something...crazy thought, I know! But I think clrw is right, the harder you try the more it won't happen. Seems most people had it happen later, so we'll just have to wait, I guess!

Hugs,

Shell

• 2 weeks later...

I dream about my mom quite a bit and I believe that it's her visiting me, I've had a lot of signs that my mom's presence is with me. I lost my cat to Liver Cancer 11 days before I lost my mom and believe it or not my cat has even been in my dreams.

Just the other night I had a dream that wasn't my mom visiting me but it was about her, she had called me on the phone and said, hi dawn, the cancer is gone, I'll be home soon and I said mom how can that be I have your ash's and she hung up, then called back again, said the same thing and I said the same thing, she hung up then a guy called and said what my mom had said and I told him that when I find out who he is I will rip his heart out of his chest with my own hands. I know icky dream.

A good sign that I had, the day before my mom's service, I went to get my hair done the way she wanted hers done when she got out of the hospital, she had a nurse and just loved her hair style, so I go and sit in the chair and tell the stylist what I want done, we both looked away from the mirror for a moment, looked back and there were 2 hand prints on the mirror. The stylist believed it was my mom and so do I. I tell my mom every day, don't stop the signs, I need to know you're around.

My grandfather died about 14 years ago and he still comes and visits me in my dreams.

My stepmom died July 12 of this year and I've had dreams about her too. wow I just realized I've had a lot of loss in the last month.

I've had dreams about my loved ones, my grandparents first and more recently of course my mom. The funny thing is I'm such a realist I actually tell them their dead. It's so messed up, but I often know I'm dreaming and do as much as possible for the person as well. I remember one dream about my mom where I was so protective. Every move she made I was aware of. I'd tell her she looked beautiful, I guess I'd tell her how I've been feeling. But as soon as I'm about to reach a conversation, the dream fades because I guess I know it can't be real. What a joke. This whole experience feels like one big dream. My mom was such a big part of my life and there's a small part of me that will never truly believe she's gone, you know? These people that we've lost were so vibrant, so full of personality, charisma, characterl; how can that be lost? A word of advise to those of you that have had a very recent lost, it's been four months for me and it's going to be alot longer, and I think I've finally begun to realise you can't rush your grief, you can't say I'm okay, everything's just fine, it's better instead to see it for what it is and know that we've moved into a world drastically changed. But, we will always still have them, because they are what made us what we are today. See my mom in my dreams? I see her in my face, my hands, my heart. And at least we can say we have that.

Chuckles,

What a wonderful post. I think your dreams are fascinating. I also totally agree with the last part of your post, that you can't rush grief and that your life has changed forever. I loved that you said that you see your mom in your face, etc. I never quite thought of it that way and you're right, they will always be here through us.

Hugs,

Shell

chuckles,

Thanks for that post. It will be 2 months on Saturday since my mom died and I'm just a basket case. I want her back badly and really feel like this life is a dream, that I'll wake up and my mom will be there like she always has been. My mom was my rock, whenever I needed to talk she was there and now when I need that, nobody is there for me, i'm going off on a tagent that's not related to the post lol so I'll stop

Dawn

Hi Dawn

I know what yoy mean I to lost my mom June 13 of this year. She lived with me and now i come to a empty house so quiet.Sure i have my dog, my best friend now, but no one to ask how was their day. She to was my rock and the glue what keep the family together. No one to care what's going in my life. Like you I wish this was a dream and I could wake up and she would be here.Dont know how I am going to get throw it all. It does help to come here and vent but still alone and it hurt like H...

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

I have my 2 dogs and 2 cats that keep me going, I wouldn't be here typing right now if it wasn't for my critters. I feel just like you, that nobody cares what's going on with my life, how i'm doing, my friends have pretty much distanced themselves from me since my mom was diagnosed and now I haven't even haerd from my "best" friend since my mom service. I know how it feels to feel all alone. My mom was the only one that knew me, when I called her all I had to do is say hi and she'd know if something was wrong.

I'm attaching pics of my critters

[attachmentid=147] captain [attachmentid=148] franklyn [attachmentid=149] morgan [attachmentid=150] tucker [attachmentid=152] nikki

post-3994-1187321219_thumb.jpg

post-3994-1187321298_thumb.jpg

post-3994-1187321338_thumb.jpg

post-3994-1187321369_thumb.jpg

post-3994-1187321514_thumb.jpg

post-3994-1187321564_thumb.jpg

Love those pictures!!

I know what you mean about your friends distancing themselves, what is all of that about anyway??? Do they not know what to say so they just say nothing.... I don't get that!! It makes me angry, I have really been disappointed in people and the way they react to me since' my mom passed away June of this year. You are never alone- always, remember you have friends here, that know what you are going through- and we are all here to share our thoughts, and feelings- I have even read some that I had and felt better to know that someone else had them too.

Rosanne, dealing with the insensitivity of others when we are in mourning is one of the more difficult aspects of grief for all of us, and it is a subject very dear to my heart. Sometimes (if you are so inclined) it helps just to offer such folks a printed article or two, or even a booklet, on this important topic. You may find some of these articles and resources listed on this page helpful:

Helping Someone Who's Grieving

Hi Dawn

The one thing I know is that animals will alway be there for you. They do know when you hurt or are sick.I do own a pet food store and have animals all my life, the one that has alway been the same animal care when even so call freinds are no where to be found. I to have not heard from freinds since moms furnnell.I even have people ask me how the my dog is doing before they ask about me, Some kind of freinds. So I know what you are going though. I have ad rep. when she heard what happen she said "I have no idea what you are going though, but any time you what even to go for coffee call me" I have only knowen her since Feb. of this year. She was more caring than so called freinds, and honest.None of this call me if you need anything which ever one said and don't really mean it, for if they did they would be calling and not waiting . So guess where is same boat. Still looking for life jacket.

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Whenever I cry my Akita Nikki comes up to me and looks at me, she hugs me in her own way, my little guy Tucker runs, he doesn't like seeing me cry. Nikki and I have a bond, she was paralyzed for a month and I took care of her, so there's a huge bond there. My cats help me at night when I sleep, always giving me licks and purrs. Although I really miss Captain, he died 6-7-07 from liver cancer, I took care of him too for 3 months, he was only 7. Guess I've had a lot of cancer related deaths in a little over a month.

As far as the friends thing, I know what you mean about people that don't know you offer more support then the ones that do. Even the place I go to for therapy, they have been my saviour, It's specific therapy for loss and grief so they really know what they are doing. Doesn't mean that I don't go in there every time and cry like a baby, cuz I do, but they understand and it's okay to cry, my sister always tells me to stop boohooing because mom wouldn't want that, what my sister and brother don't know, is that since I was the only one that took her to all of her appts, chemo and dr.s, even to the mayo, she let me cry and talk to her about her cancer, my mom would be proud of me for handling it and wanting to grieve rather than hold it all in and explode one day.

Anyway, I always seem to babble when I post.

Dawn

Hi Dawn

It's ok to babble cuz I think I do to.My brother does not come around any more or even call, I alway have to call him. What really hurt the most is that when mom died and we had the wake he did not even ask me if i wanted to go with him,same for the service. I had to drive myself.When I say the limos. I could not go in had to go around the block to get the nerve and strenth to go in.Thank God for my cousion for she help me. I wanted to cancell the whole thing,Did not want to walk throw thoes doors.She told me I could do it. Dont think I could have done it with out her being their.She even know I would be their early so she was there when i drove in. My brother I thought was going to be late, but got there in time, with his so call girl freind.I cant stand her and after what she said at the hall after sevcie I am sure I cant stand her.She had the nerve to say to me "you should have brought the dog he would add some life to this".If not for other people being around she would have gotten it big time.She asked me at wake how was the dog doing.That was the only things she said to me.see I babble on to. My cousion loss her mom to cancer to so she know what I was going throw. My mom bet cancer and died of lack of care in hosptial. Both mom and my anunt had mouth cancer. To think of what she made it though her 10hour operation and she even had pacemaker last year, do died in hosptail was so wrong. Life should I have do overs. If I could turn the clock back. I miss her so, no one to ask or tell about day.I still hear things and thing wait did I tell mom, but she is not around to tell, or share what I hear.Some one to day told me to say HI to mom for them, they did not know. It's all to hard.

Tracey