Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Dear Friend Lost Their Father Suddenly, Just Like Me!

A dear friend of mine just lost their father the same way no warning: just gone. My dad has been gone almost 2 years an the feelings are still raw, like a piece of open skin. Then this my dearest friend calls from Chicago, "My dad is dead, no warning he's dead".

Shoudn't I be an expert, I want to help. All I can think about is my beloved friend has to embark on a journey I would not wish on my worst :(:(:(:(:(:( ememy. Tomorrow is the funeral, haven't attend one since my beloved dad, now I have to go and be their for my friend just as they were for me....oh my I don't know???????

Deonna,

You will help her , just by being there. I am sure it will be so hard to walk into the funeral but you are going to do it for your friend. She is very lucky to have you in her life. I always feel so bad when I see a new member has joined this site, knowing they are just beginning the sad,painful journey. You know what's ahead for your friend. Take care of eachother.

Dear Deonna,

Annie is right ~ the most precious gift you can give another in grief is your presence. Your being there for your friend, especially when you yourself are in such pain, speaks far more eloquently than anything you can think of to say.

You may find these threads (that were posted earlier) helpful:

Husband's Grief

Helping Someone in Grief

Deonna,

You are stepping out of your comfort zone for the sake of your friend and that can only bring good fruition. I remember feeling the same way when I went to the hospital to be with my friends and it'd been two years since George's death and I hadn't been to a hospital since...I remember crying but I got through it and there was no doubt in my mind I needed to be there for my friends. I had a hard time the first time I attended a funeral after George's death. I cried the whole time but I got that "first" over with. We are thinking of you as you go through this.

Everyone, thank you for all your kind words. I made it through and really stayed strong. I knew I had to for my friend. Now in the weeks to come, she knows I will be here for her during this journey she is now on. Much luv, Deonna