Grief Healing Discussion Groups

New Here : (

my dad passed away 2 saturdays ago in his sleep. im feeling so many emotions at once its driving me crazy, idk which one to feel sometimes. im only 25 yrs old, always thought i would have my dad around for many more years. some days are easier then others. it just still doesnt seem real. none of my friends has lost a parent so i cant really go to them and talk to them about it b/c they dont know how im feeling, i can go to my friends parents or one of the adults i work with, but i just dont feel comfortable talking to them. i just really regret never hugging my dad and telling him i love him, i want nothing more then to see my dad again and give him a big hug and tell him how much i love him. last sunday i went to work and went into the back to put my purse up and a garth brookes song came on the radio and i just lost it, my dad loved garth brookes. im just ready for time to go by so its much easier on me. this just hurts so much.

I'm so glad you took the first step in coming here to talk! I so understand what you mean, I lost my dad almost two years ago with no warning as well.

Being so young, like you none of my friends had a parent they have lost. Honey what you are going through is so very normal. This is a journey, and yes you will get stronger with each passing day, and talking about your dad and feelings is a step in the right direction.

I too felt soooo badly I didn't get to say goodbye to my dad, hold is hand when he left this world. But, know this....he know's you love him, he is watching over you each and everyday. God Bless You, I will keep you in my prayers.

bmsbabygirl,

I'm so sorry for your loss and it being such an unexpected one. I have lost both my parents in the past two and a half years and both of them were somewhat unexpected. Luckily, I had enough time to tell them how much I loved them. I can imagine how horrible it must be to not have that chance. But Deonna is right...he knew you loved him. And she's right about how normal your feelings are.

I'm glad you came to this site. It truly is a great place to talk to people who understand what you are going through. So keep coming here and share your feelings with us, we really do care.

A big hug to you,

Shell

Hi bmsbabygirl, I'm also pretty new here - my mom, who was the only parent I had, passed away 2 1/2 months ago very suddenly and without any warning. I'm the same age as you as well, so I can relate to not having anyone to talk to about it, especially someone your own age. I also have the same sort of regrets you talked about, initially I was periodically overwhelmed by them. I've kind of realized that the regrets I have, like not telling her I loved her more or not appologizing for certain things etc., don't really matter because I'm sure she knew/know's how I felt about her; and she wouldn't want me feeling that way anyways.

I'm afraid I don't have any decent advice, but I just wanted to say that I know what you're going through.

im really sorry for ur loss. its been exactly 2 weeks today, i had such a hard time at work when i first went in today. i was so stressed and emotional, and then my manager playfully got an attitude with me and it just set me off, i took off really fast to the back and just balled my eyes out, and he came back there apologizing and asking if i was ok. its ok if u dont have any decnet advice, just knowing that i have people to talk to that know what im going thru is all i need.

Hello, I'm new here as well and I've found that everyone has something in common.

My heart goes out to you to lose your dad at such an early age. My mom died June 18th and I talk to her, may sound weird but I do, go ahead and tell your dad still that you love him, tell him that you wish you could hug him. I started writing letters to my mother yesterday, I cry the entire time but it seems to help.

I'll keep you in my prayers

Dawn

Looks like we're all in the same boat, and how terrible that most of us are dealing with this at a time in our lives (the real beginnings of adulthood) when it's like we need the advise of our parents more than ever! I wanted to touch on what you said about never giving enough hugs. My mom and I had a good, but at times very frusterating relationship. It's really difficult for me to talk about this because of the mixed emotions it brings forth when all I want is to think of the good times, but it's an aspect of grief that we all must face. My mom and I had just come through a big hump in our butting heads wars when she passed. At first I was so mad that I never told her how wonderful she was, and that I was sorry for being such a pain in the butt sometimes, but I've had to remind myself that my mom knew me possibly better than I knew myself, and therefore of course she knew how much I loved her. We can't blame ourselves for the things we did as teenagers. It's the nature of growing up, not of the relationship itself. I'm sure your dad knew how much you cared about him, and I hope that remembering this will help you, as it's helped me. My thoughts are with you.