Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Support Groups?

I'm wondering if there are any support groups in Phoenix area for young widows & widowers? I lost my wife 6 months ago. She was 28. I am 29.

I need to meet & hear from other widow/ers near my age, but there just doesn't seem to be any. I feel totally alone, but know I can't be.

Dear Friend,

We’re so sorry to learn of the death of your wife six months ago. You are so young to be dealing with such a devastating loss, and we salute you in your efforts to find the support you need at this sad and difficult time. Please know that we are thinking of you and sending you our heartfelt sympathy, and please know that you are not alone. You will always be welcome here.

There are many, many grief support groups in the Phoenix area; you need only contact the Bereavement Office of Hospice of the Valley (at 602-530-6970 or 6971) and speak to Mara or Cory – either of these lovely ladies will be able to help you find what you’re seeking. See also Hospice of the Valley Counseling and Support Services for a complete listing.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T