Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Too Good To Be True

To all who have responded to my first e-mail, thank you so much and God bless. As a Christian, I believe in Haeven, but I somehow find myself thinking, It s too good to be true to believe that Walter is there now, ( no suffering, pain or tears)especiall;y when I think of how he physically suffered in the last 4 months of his life, I almost cannot conceptualize heaven, especially when I look at the urn that contains his ashes.

My constant prayer is that God iwll give me absolute assurance that Wwalter is in Heaven

i also battle with the fact that when we finally are united in Heaven, I wont be special and unique to him, maybe all memories of me as his wife will be forgotten by him, and me ..... I am pained to think that in Heaven we may have no recollection of our union here on earth

the last and amybe most painful concern is that Walter has absolutely no idea of how I am missing him and mourning for him now...does the Bible not say there will be no sadness in Heaven...I am so perplexed... I am sad to think taht he may have no recollection of me at all.

Erica,

I believe you are a very strong lady and because you're a Christian who has walked along side the Lord, he will answer your questions. My husband died 2 years ago. I fully believe he loves and cares for me even though he's probably doing other things that God wants him to do. I know this because in the months after he passed on I was sitting up in bed at night, I think I was reading or something, but I looked up and "felt" this huge beautiful cloud of something coming and enveloping me with an glorious hug and an enormous feeling of heavenly love. I know it was Jack letting me know he was fine and still loved me. I know you know the Lord is always with you and will "carry" you when you're having these feelings. Your faith will always be there....just lean on him and hang in there.

Karen

Erica,

You are right, there is no sadness in Heaven, so he might not know how much you miss him right now, I have heard and believe that God lets those in Heaven look down on us during the happy times in our lives. Walter will know who you are and will remember the life he has spent with you. Yes, it does say there is no marriage in Heaven but it does not say that we will forget our life's experiences.

Love always

Derek

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. I also ask the same questions and tomorrow will mark 22 months since he died. I've been told that there is no sadness if heaven and I have wondered does he miss me... I don't understand anything anymore. Maybe one day there will be answers. Deborah

Erika,

Why would you think he wouldn't think you're special? I think we will remember things but the painful things will no longer hurt. We can never cease to be special to the one we love.

Your problems with heaven is that you've turned it into a modified life on earth. Perhaps if you can conceive that some things are so unique, so great, so much bigger than ourselves, such as G-d, than you can get a greater perspective on life, death, and an existance after death.

Bringing the complications and details of this life into such a mystery turns G-d into a human-like being living in a human world, like Zeus or Thor.

The afterlife may be one that is all peace and doesn't need the attributes you refer to. Your needs here and now may not be necessary there. The afterlife is not knowable to us because it is not of this plane. The moment of death occurs here, but does not continue here.

I hope this opens up another view for you and eases your conflictions. Doublejo