Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Alone In A Crowd

It is so difficult for me to handle this new feeling of "aloneness". Before that terrible evening of April 19, 2007, I didn't really get lonely because I had my wonderful David. Now I don't. Now I feel alone in a crowd or even with my family and friends. It's such a cold, terrible feeling. I wonder if this is something else that I'll never "get over, but I'll get used to"? :(

Jan,

I sympathize with you, I lost my wife march 2nd, and I still feel disillusioned and solitary, i wouldn't expect you to "get over" it but with time you will cope with it in your own special way, what we do with it is right for us..

Blessings,

William

I agree with Stallyn, I still feel alone most of the time and I've even remarried. I realize my remarriage hasn't helped a whole lot because we live 3 1/2 hours away from each other, but a part of me will always still feel alone. George and I were so close, we were on the same plane, we were in tune with each other, that's gone now. We do get a little more used to it but I haven't a whole lot, I still hate it, although the Lord knows I've tried so hard to adjust. We have to keep trying, what else can we do?

Thank you KayC and William. My children and my friends keep telling me to get out and "do things" to help with the lonely feeling. They try but they just don't understand that this is not your "garden variety" type of loneliness. It's a real blessing to discuss it with someone who knows exactly what I mean. Again thanks for being here.

We are here for you, I get that more than I care to say, "get out" do something" etc etc, unfortunately they do not understand the scope of the loss, always makes things more complicated it seems, and thank you for posting, theres many blessings in this haven...

Truly,

William

Jan44, I know how you are feeling. I feel the same way most of the time. I read in a book a quote that explains exactly how I feel.

"There is a sort of invisible blanket between me and the world. I find it hard to take in what anyone says...yet I want the others to be about me. I dread the moment when the house is empty"

My family has been by my side all this time, yet at times I feel I can't really connect with them at all. None the less I'm so so so thankful to have them with me. I just wish I could do a better job expressing this to them.