Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Geese

I received this from my parent loss group:

GEESE

Fact one: as each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for the birds following it by flying in a v formation, the whole flock adds 71 percent greater flying range than if the bird flew alone.

There's a lot I can do by myself, there's a lot I can do with a partnter but the power of what I can get done with a collective quantum. People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they're going quicker and easier because they're traveling on the thrust of on another.

FACT2: Whenever a goose falls out of formation, it suddently feels the drag and resistance of trying to fly alone and quicly gets back into foormation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird immediatley in front.

If we have as much sense as a goose, we will stay information with hose who are headed where we want to go and be willing to accept their helps, as well as give our to others.

FACT 3

When the lead goos gets tired, it rotates back into the formation and another goose flies at the poitn position.

With people as with gees, we are interdepenedent on each others skills and capabilities and unique arrangments of gifts, talantes and resouces. Indigenous societes call this interdependency "good, tru and beautiful"

FACT 4

The gees in fomration honk from behind to encourage those in front to keep up their speed.

We need to make sure our honking from behind is encouraging and not something else. I n groups wehre there is a greater encouragment agains great odds, the production is much greater. Ecourage someone els's core, encourage someone else's heart.

FACT 5

When a goose gets sick or wounded or shot down, two geese drop out of formation and follow it down to help and protect. They stay with it until it is able to fly again or dies. Th en they launch out on their own with another formation to catch up with the flock.

If we have as much sense as geese, we too will stand by each other in difficult times as well as when we are strong.

What's funny about this is mom had Geese, when this was handed out and was read, I starting crying because it was as if mom handed it to me. I never knew how we could learn from geese until now. I remember very clearly, I actually have pictures of it, last thanksgiving at the farm, there were a TON, I mean a TON of geese flying over head, the sky was full of them, maybe they were trying to tell us to stay strong and help each other. Stick with your loved ones and help them through difficult times but also be with them just because....

pictures to prove....

[attachmentid=153]

[attachmentid=154]

post-3994-1187491294_thumb.jpg

post-3994-1187491327_thumb.jpg

Dawn,

What a wonderful example of how we should be! That is so ironic that your mom had geese. It seems like a message from her! I think we could all learn an incredible amount from all animals. They are much smarter and more loving than we are...in my opinion, anyway! Thanks for sharing that.

Hugs,

Shell