Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hate Saturday's

I hate saturday's. Why you ask? Well that is the day that Bruce passed away. What a word passed away. gone. Well passed away gone it all means the some Bruce is DEAD he is never coming back. Today is just a bad day all around. Sorry for being such a downer. Just cann't seem to help myself. I think that this is one of the worst weeks that I have had in such a long time. To day feels like that day that Bruce dead. I just cann't wrap my head around this what the hell is wrong with me? Sometimes I think that this is just a bad dream and I will wake-up any minute and he will be here. Put I know that it is real as he has been gone now for 7 months. 7 months and sometimes if feels like a life to ago that he was here with us. God I miss him so much. It doesn't that I feel so alone. But I real am not I have our kids but still that is not the same. I guess the reason for all these cries is because I go an invitation for my brothers wedding yesterday and again I will be going without Bruce and it's so hard. Well thanks for listening to me again.

Gail

I am so sorry that you're having such a hard time. I went through all that, too, and I know just how you feel. I wish things could have been different, that Jack wasn't so sick. He was such a trooper, though. He really hardly every complained. One day he was here going out to play golf, that afternoon on his way home he had a heart attack and didn't even make it to the side of the road. Fortunately, my son-in-law hitched a ride with him so he quick grabbed the wheel and turned the key off. The last thing Jack said was, I love you...see you later. We never forget these things but we do get more mellow and accepting. Give yourself some time and just go with it, don't fight it. Take care.

Karen

I'm with you on hating Saturdays, the weekends in general. People are doing things together, working in there yards, going out to dinner, etc. Its normal Gail that you can't get your head around it the fact that he has died. I still can't. I can't for the life of me understand how this much time (22 months) has passed. Sometimes it feels like yesterday. My brain gets so tired of thinking of all of this but I don't know what else to do. Just wanted you to know, someone else feels just like you do today! Deborah

Edited by LarrysGirl

(((Gail))) - I can understand why you hate Saturdays, just like I hate Wednesdays - the day my wife Jean died.

I am sorry that you are having a bad week, but welcome to the club. :(

What's "wrong" with you is that you are missing Bruce - a key part of your life.

I also wish it was just a bad dream, but after 2 years for me the nightmare is still here.

It's good that you have your children to keep you company and live on for Bruce.

My niece's wedding is next Saturday and I know Jean would have loved to be there in person. I know that she will be there in spirit and I hope that I can "handle it" for her.

Hang in there Gail - it's not easy, but somehow we do survive - whether we want to or not.

Our spouses really do want us to be "happy" - whatever "happy" means - I just don't remember.

Gail

Please hang in there. I know how hard it is. My husband Will died at 10:00 AM on a Friday and it was the darkest day of my life. I still look at 10:00 every single Friday, just as I guess I will for the rest of my life. For months after I called our number at home and left a message "I love you my darling" at 10:00 AM just as I had for so many years. You see, that is when I took my break at work and that is what I did every Mon-Fri. You are not alone, I walk every single lonely step you do. Weekends are the absolute worst.

Suzanne

I am sorry...I know that the weekends are what we always looked forward to "before", and afterwards, there is nothing to look forward to. I lost my George on the weekend too...Father's Day 2005. I can say that eventually, with enough time inbetween, it does get better. Eventually you stop marking things so much by the days and instead by the months. It helps to fill your time and try to give yourself things to look forward to. Make a friend, do something together, treat yourself to things you like...I know it's not the same but even filler is better than nothing. Eventually there will be a weekend you look forward to, it just takes time and a lot of effort, a lot of rebuilding. Good luck, I wish you the best.