Procrastination 2

Thank you so much to all who have responded to me on the topic procrastination. Today I could not get up for work. I finally arrived at work at 09:30 instead og 07:15 as I always do each day. I thought about the future, how am I ever going to get thru the years ahead without Walter, is this what the quality of my life is going to be? and I feel so sad and helpless, hopeless. I listened to the sermon in Church yesterday and we were all challenged as to what we are doing in service for God, well heres my ptroblem. I used to be actively involved in ministrty before my husband died. well now I am doing absolutely nothing and not sure is this is right / wrong . More importantly, Am I impeding my recovery by not being involved or should I wait on God to lead me.I just feel so useless Looking forwrad to hearing from you all

Erica,

You will get through the years, it will just take time. I remember all to well going through the same questions you are going through right now. All of these questions are perfectly normal during the begining. Your quaility of life will get better just try and look at just today. At the begining I did the same thing, I tried to look at the future and all of the years ahead of me and it drove me crazy. When I stopped trying to look at 5, 10, etc years in the future and started looking at just today my outlook on life got better. It was easier to just concentrate on just 1 day. As far as your service work for the church. I will not say it is right or wrong not to get back involved, I know how hard it is to do things when you are feeling like you are feeling right now. I will say that I found that when I got back active in the church, it got me out of myself and thinking of others and again life didn't seem so bad. Only you can decided what is right or wrong for you right now. Pray and ask for God's guidance, if you do that He will give it to you. I pray that you will be able to pray to Him and He will give you some peace.

Love always

Derek

I don't think you should worry about whether you are involved in ministry or not. I had a friend tell me the other day that maybe things are going rough for me because I am not in ministry right now. I told her God doesn't work that way and there are seasons in our lives...right now my life is pretty rough and my priorities are where they should be. And just because you don't have a title by your name and credit coming your way doesn't mean you aren't doing ministry. I am helping several people in their relationships, do you think that means nothing? I am there for my family, is that nothing? Do you think we have to teach sunday school or be in the choir to be worth something? God lays on each of our hearts what He has for us, the important thing is to be in tune with Him enough to hear and respond, whether it's something official or not. Sometimes we have to take time for ourselves to heal and be in a place where we can be of help to someone else. It is important for us to know when that time is. Some people jump right in and do volunteer work in order to avoid grief and not have to deal with what they must in order to heal inside. Is that better? These are things you need to ask yourself that only you can answer. I would say that I wouldn't worry unduly about what others think...particularly others who haven't been there.