Grief Healing Discussion Groups

5 Days Short Of 6 Months

Hello dear friends

i have been reading the mails of fellow widows(ers)and my heart has ben breaking, becuase on my journey I have felt very similarly. The feelings were so intense, I thought I would never stop feeling them, but here's my miracle, over the past 5 days I have felt better than I have ever felt since that fateful day on March 8th when I lost my dear husband. For me as a Christian the way I am now feeling is nothing short of a miracle by an all powerful all knowing God. I am reminded of that verse in the Bible which says that God will never give us more than what we can handle without providing a way out if we need it. Just when I thought that the the darkness of my grief would engulf me, morning and light were there. Can any of you identify with this feeling? And to my dear friends who are still hurting, please hang in thee. It will and it MUST get better. My prayer is that God will hasten your morning as well, each and everyone of you

love, comfort and blessings

Erica

Erica,

I am so glad that you have been able to come to this point. It is a wonderful feeling when you can feel joy again. Just keep in mind, this journey is and up and down process. You are still in the first year and have several holidays and "firsts" to go through yet. Don't be discouraged when one day you seem like you are back into that darkness and feeling down. When that does happen, it won't seem as dark as it did in the past, it won't be as hard to come out of it. When I first started here someone put it like this: "We are in the process of climbing a mountain. During that process we will lose our footing and fall down to the bottom. We then get back on the mountain and start climbing again. This time we get a little further up the mountain and then we fall again, only this time we don't fall all the way down." We continue this way and each time we start again we get further up the mountain, each time we fall it isn't as far down as the time before and the times that we fall get further and further apart. Erica, you have come far and have far to go. It sounds like your aith in God is strong, keep that faith and keep praying He will help you through this.

Love always

Derek

Derek

How many months after your loss did you first feel what I have described?

Also Its good to hear about the ups and downs , cause that is exctly what happened yesterday. After I hade wrtitten thsi joyful note, the sadness hit me again like a bolt out of the blue. All I could do was just pray and ask the Lord not allow me to go as deep down into despair as I had been ealier on.I read the Bible last night and This morning Praise God I am feeling okay. I bless God for this .

Erica,

It was right along the 6 month mark that I felt that way. I went through a lot of ups and downs right along my 6 month time period and then my hardest time after that was along the 8 or 9th month. Hopefully it won't be as bad for you as it was for me. Hope you will stay doing better today

Love Always

Derek

I echo what Derek said...be relieved and happy for the progress and any respite you get...yet don't be surprised when you are unexpectedly knocked down again...don't lose heart, it's and up and down process that gradually goes forward.