Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Need Help

I need some help. I don't think that I can do this by myself anymore. I cann't sleep and I'm afraid to take anything. I thank god that I don't have to go outside the house work because i don't think that I could. I miss Bruce so much he was my whole world and now I am lost without him. We did everything together. It will be 8 months on Sept 29th that he died and I still have a hard time wraping my head around that he is gone. I know that he is but sometimes i think that it maybe just a bad dream. thanks again for being here for me. Gail

Gail,

You don't have to do this alone. Please make an appointment with a doctor right now and tell him what you feel and let him make the recommendations for you and heed them. Seek a grief support group or counselor. I like the idea of support groups because they are people who have been there and understand. If someone offers help, throw away any false notions of pride and accept their help, we need each other and someday it may be your turn to help someone else. Take little steps to get out every day even if only for a few minutes...go to the post office, the bank, take a drive, meet a friend for coffee, but break up your day with a different environment even if only for a while. Find someone to walk with, try going to a church service, visit a supportive relative or friend. I say "supportive" because we do NOT need to be with anyone negative. I know I had to distance myself from my mom for months and limit my time with her (and still do to a certain extent) because she is extremely toxic and negative and even though I know she is crazy and maybe not responsible for herself, while I can try to overlook it to a certain extent, there are times in your life when you need to recognize your own vulnerability and protect yourself from such people...believe me if there were ever a time to do so it is now.

I wish you the best and please, come on line here and let us know how you're doing. Maybe all we can do is listen and understand or tell you what has helped us, but it all lends to helping us through this journey that we all found ourselves travelling on, unbidden, yet ours.

Gail.... Kay is right. As hard as this is for all of us ( it has been 6 months for me ) the worst part is being home. I had always looked forward in the past when Steve was alive to weekends and espeically 3 day weekends and now I have a hard time with them. I am not too bad with 1 day but by the second day I am in tears and deeply depressed. At least when I finally get my butt to work it keeps me busy and that helps. If I also worked at home I would be going off the deep end by now. You really do need to get out of the house to do things as hard as that is for you. We are all hurting but we all need to be here for eachother, please keep in touch.

Wendy